Progress® OpenEdge® Pro2™ is a solution that provides easy, fast data replication from OpenEdge into a separate OpenEdge, SQL Server or Oracle database. Gain quick and easy access to mission-critical data from your OpenEdge system, without disrupting normal business operations or risking transactional database stability. Through the quick replication process setup, OpenEdge Pro2 allows companies to be agile in delivering the critical business data needed to support their analytics and BI initiatives.
By leveraging Progress OpenEdge Change Data Capture (CDC), OpenEdge customers and partners can deliver low-latency, near real-time replication of that data to support not just traditional descriptive analytics, but also predictive analytics, AI-driven decisions, and time-sensitive IoT events.
What’s New in Version 6
The Pro2 6.0 UX dashboard improves efficiency, productivity and allows proactive monitoring of performance and analytics. It delivers an elegant and intuitive experience that expands the product’s functionality while representing the most evolved version of Pro2 to date.
Increase Efficiency With an Intuitive UI
- The elegant and intuitive UX dashboard eases configuration and management chores plus allows proactive monitoring of performance and analytics
- Get easier mapping from source to target
- Establish replication processes quickly and easily
- Instantly get a picture of actions and processes
- The new UX Replication Wizard allows creation of new replication processes within the product, without having to maintain external parameter files
- Job Runner, UX Actions and UX Mapping allow control of processes within the browser
- Bulk Load functionality can be managed directly from the browser and eases set up and maintenance
- An easier upgrade process ensures backward compatibility
Scale for Growth
- Pro2 6.0 prepares you for the future with enterprise-level views and aggregated data across all environments
- Leverage Progress Change Data Capture (CDC) to rapidly deliver near real-time replication
- Get the same great Pro2 performance with improved usability, agility, scalability and productivity
How it works
Replication triggers or change data capture automatically capture all data changes; this means minimal information is written to the queue to identify the updated record.
Next, the multi-threaded replication process retrieves the updated record and the queued data in the replication is moved to the target database. Done in near real-time, the I/O operation is optimized with the updated record residing in cache. Any analysis can be run against current data in a replicated database, leaving the transactional database resources to their normal activities, all while feeling confident your data is accurate and secure.