Enhance the Security of Your OpenEdge Application
Every organization—from the enterprise to the SMB—faces constant threat from bad actors. Security at the data source is paramount to a successful organizational and application security strategy.
OpenEdge Authentication Gateway ensures trusted identity management by hardening the security of your OpenEdge application environment. It’s offered as both a new feature of our next-generation Progress Application Server for OpenEdge ensuring support of the latest security standards, or as a standalone product.
- Redirects initial access requests to a secure token service (STS) that confirms user legitimacy
- Assigns a standard, strongly encrypted Client Principle token to authenticated clients to act as the data record that protects against strong cryptography manipulation
- Client Principle maintains a chain of trust between the token and OpenEdge application
- Makes authorization decisions for trusted users to ensure proper data access
- Integrates with popular identity-related services such as LDAP and Active Directory
- Enhances the security of your OpenEdge application environment
- Leverages Progress Application Server for OpenEdge as the underlying technology to ensure support of the latest security standards
- Redirects all access requests to a secure token service (STS) that confirms user legitimacy and protects from malicious data manipulation
- Prevents rogue clients from going around the authentication and accessing the database or other application components directly
- Supports compliance regulation requirements to minimize business risk
OpenEdge: Protecting Applications in a Challenging Environment
This whitepaper examines the services and tools available to you to ensure that the security of your OpenEdge application is a fundamental factor of your overall security plan.Download whitepaper
OpenEdge Security Health Check
Identify and minimize security vulnerabilities with an OpenEdge Security Health Check.
Download Data Sheet