Privacy at Progress
Progress Software Corporation, together with all of its subsidiaries and affiliates, (“Progress Software”, “we”, “us”, “our” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals
who visit the Company’s web sites, individuals who register to use our services, and individuals who register to attend the Company’s corporate events.
You can learn more about Progress’ commitment to privacy and data security by reading the following:
- Progress implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure HIPAA compliance and operates in secure computing environments in its corporate offices, development environments, and production cloud products. Progress audits its security solutions
and processes annually to maintain SOC2 and HIPAA validation. For more information about Progress’ HIPAA practices, click here.
- Progress Software implemented measures to address the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) as amended by the California Privacy Rights act and its regulations.
- Progress Software makes available to the customers who determine that under the applicable End User License Agreement (EULA) or Terms of Service will supply us with personal data to be processed on their behalf and/or as a service provider, a pre-signed
Data Processing Addendum (DPA) for mutual execution. The DPA addresses the requirements of Art. 28 of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK GDPR, Brazilian Federal Law 13,709 ("LGPD"), CCPA, Swiss Data Protection Law and incorporates the
new set of Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission for international data transfers as well as the UK Data Transfer Addendum (“UK DTA”) issued by the Commissioner under S119A(1) Data Protection Act 2018., in
each case as may be amended, superseded or replaced from time to time.
Progress is Committed to Protecting Your Personal Information
Personal Information Collection
- Progress may collect, process, and retain information about you when you visit our websites or use our products or services.
- If you choose to participate in the Progress Community, you may choose to provide us with additional information such as a photo, social media profiles, areas of expertise, and other information. We may combine other publicly available information
related to the organization from which you work for with the information that you provide to us.
- Progress and our service providers may observe your activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information, and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to your use of our websites and our products or services.
This may be on a personal (with your consent) or non-personal basis.
- We may also use log files, cookies and similar technologies to collect information about the pages you view, links you click on, and other actions you may take when accessing our websites, products, services, or emails.
How information about you will be used
Progress Software may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you with the websites and any support you may request;
- Respond to your inquiries or fulfill your requests;
- Diagnose website technical problems;
- Send you information that we believe may be of interest to you, such as product announcements, newsletters, educational materials, and upcoming events;
- Send you administrative information such as notices related to product, service, or policy changes;
- Understand how our websites, products, and services are being used;
- Personalize your experience on our websites and present products or features that are tailored to your interests; and
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activity.
Sharing your data
- Personal information collected by Progress may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country where Progress or its affiliates, subsidiaries or third-party service providers maintain facilities. When you opt-in and provide personal
information to Progress, you acknowledge the processing and transfer of your information within the United States and around the world.
- All Marketing emails from Progress will contain a link to the Progress Preference Center where you can control which email communications you receive from us.
- For additional information about requests to access, change or delete your information, please click here.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please refer to the Contact Us
- We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- We may need to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have comments or questions about this Policy, you may contact us by mail e-mail (Privacy@progress.com) or by regular mail at:
PSC Data Protection Office
15 Wayside Rd, Suite 400
Burlington, MA 01803