Privacy at Progress
Progress Software Corporation, together with all of its subsidiaries and affiliates, including without limitation Progress Software EAD and Kinvey, Inc. (“Progress Software”, “we”, “us”, “our” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s web sites, individuals who register to use our services, and individuals who register to attend the Company’s corporate events.
You can learn more about our commitment to the privacy of your personal information by reading the following:
- Progress has certified certain of its services under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. For more information on our Privacy Shield compliance, please click here.
Personal Information Collection
- Progress may collect, process, and retain information about you when you visit our websites.
- If you choose to participate in the Progress Community, you may choose to provide us with additional information such as a photo, social media profiles, areas of expertise, and other information. We may combine other publicly available information related to the organization from which you work for with the information that you provide to us.
- Progress and our service providers may observe your activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information, and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to your use of our websites and our services. This may be on a personal (with your consent) or non-personal basis.
- We may also use log files, cookies and similar technologies to collect information about the pages you view, links you click on, and other actions you may take when accessing our websites, services, or emails.
How information about you will be used
Progress Software may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you with the websites and any support you may request;
- Respond to your inquiries or fulfill your requests;
- Diagnose website technical problems;
- Send you information that we believe may be of interest to you, such as product announcements, newsletters, educational materials, and upcoming events;
- Send you administrative information such as notices related to product, service, or policy changes;
- Understand how our websites and services are being used;
- Personalize your experience on our websites and present products or features that are tailored to your interests; and
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activity.
Sharing your data
- Personal information collected by Progress may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country where Progress or its affiliates, subsidiaries or third-party service providers maintain facilities. When you opt-in and provide personal information to Progress, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information within the United States and around the world.
- All Marketing emails from Progress will contain a link to the Progress Preference Center where you can control which email communications you receive from us.
- For additional information about requests to access, change or delete your information, please click here.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please refer to the Contact Us section below.
- We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- We may need to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have comments or questions about this Policy, you may contact us by mail e-mail (Privacy@progress.com) or by regular mail at:
PSC Data Protection Officer
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford MA 01370