How to Log a Sitefinity Support Case
1. Access the Progress SupportLink
• Visit the Sitefinity Support Center
and click on Log/Manage Case
2. On the Progress SupportLink portal login page, click the Telerik Account link:
3. Sign in by entering your Telerik Account credentials:
4. Once successfully authenticated, you access the SupportLink portal home page.
5. Next, depending on whether you are a Sitefinity partner or customer, follow the relevant procedure:
• Sitefinity Partner:
Once successfully authenticated, you access the SupportLink portal home page. Next, from
the Accounts menu on the navigation bar, select SupportLInk My Accounts:
a. From the list with all accounts you are associated with, select the proper end customer
account you want to submit a support ticket for:
b. To proceed with submitting a new case on behalf of the selected account, click the Add Case button.
• Sitefinity Customer:
To proceed logging your case, on the SupportLink portal home page, click the Log/Manage
6. In the case creation wizard:
a. Make sure the CS – Support Case option is selected as a record type and click Continue:.
b. Choose the product and support package:
i. Product Group dropdown menu, choose Sitefinity.
ii. From the Product dropdown menu, select the corresponding support package, for which you want to receive support.
NOTE: The Product dropdown menu displays the unique Support package options. For example, if you have 3 Enterprise support packages purchased, in the dropdown you see Sitefinity Enterprise Support, which groups all packages.
NOTE: You do not need to enter serial number to log in a case for Sitefinity.
iii. Once you select your support package plan, enter the following:
• Sitefinity Domain
Select the accurate registered domain that corresponds to the site you are requesting support for. If you have multiple licenses associated with the support package you selected from the Product dropdown, you see a list with all registered domains for these licenses.
NOTE: If you have not registered a domain for your project yet, make sure to specify a project name.
• Project Name
This information lets technical support engineers know for which specific project you require support.
c. Next, fill in all relevant information, so that the Support team gets a comprehensive overview about your project and environment:
Enter a short description of your issue.
NOTE: The text you enter is used to search through the Progress Knowledge Base, so
that you get suggestions how to solve your issue.
Select the operating system of the server you are hosting Sitefinity on.
Select the type of your database server.
Select the accurate version of your Sitefinity project.
• Hotfix version / Build #
Fill in the build version of your Sitefinity project.
• Project Name
Enter your project name, so that if you have multiple projects, technical support
engineers can work on the right project.
d. Click Continue.
7. Go through the list with suggested Knowledge Base articles to check whether your issue is already addressed and solved.
8. If none of the articles answer your question, click Create Case.
9. On the final Case Edit screen, enter any details about your issue that may give additional information to the technical support engineers, so that they can assist you more efficiently:
Make sure to:
a. Select the proper issue severity. For more information, see Sitefinity Severity Levels
b. In the Question/Problem Description
field, enter your question and any relevant explanation of the issue.
10. Click the Save button to submit your case to Sitefinity Support team.
You can see a summary of all information you provided. You can optionally:
• Edit the case details
• Add an attachment You can also add an attachment, for example, error logs or code samples:
• Escalate the case For more information, see Escalations.
Q: What should I do when authentication during login fails?
A: Try clearing your browser cookies. By default, SupportLink will try to automatically authenticate you, looking for any active sessions from any of Progress Sitefinity corporate websites.
Q: What should I do when the session has timed out?
A: Click on Return to Login page to attempt to log you in again with the provided credentials
Q: What does it mean when there is a provisioning problem with my account?
A: This means you are not yet granted access to the SupportLink portal. When a customer is added as a licensed user to a Sitefinity license, Progress Sitefinity grants SupportLink access within 48h. Thus, when you are granted access as a licensed user and then immediately try to log in to SupportLink, there is a considerable chance that the request for access is not processed yet.