System requirementsBefore you install Sitefinity CMS, you have to make sure that your system complies with the following requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10; Microsoft Azure
NOTE: To deploy your Sitefinity CMS project to Microsoft Azure, you must first create and develop your project locally, using one of the other supported Windows platforms.
- Sitefinity CMS supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- Internet Information Services 7+
NOTE: To deploy your Sitefinity CMS projects to IIS, you must configure IIS to use Integrated application pool mode.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.8
- Microsoft® ASP.NET MVC 5
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Microsoft® SQL Express 2012, 2012 R2, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Microsoft® Azure SQL
- MySQL version between 5.0.3 and 5.7.31
The latest two officially supported versions of the following browsers:
- Edge (Sitefinity CMS New UI only)
NOTE: If you have implemented custom functionality, you must ensure that it is compatible with the browsers that your users may use.
All Microsoft® Visual Studio editions for versions 2015, 2017, and 2019.
You have to install the following:
- ASP.NET and web development workload.
- .NET Framework 4.8 SDK component.
- .NET Framework 4.8 targeting pack component.
- If you develop using Sitefinity .NET Core Renderer, you must have installed .NET SDK 6.0.
- If you use Visual Studio to develop with .NET 6, the only supported version is Visual Studio 2022.
IMPORTANT: To successfully deploy Sitefinity CMS, your hosting provider must support .NET 4.8 Framework and Full trust.
Run your Sitefinity CMS website in a cloud environment
You can run your website in any cloud environment that supports Windows Server role instances, such as RackSpace and Amazon AWS. In these scenarios, you can set up your website as part of a load-balanced environment.
Auto Scaling in load-balanced scenarios without the need to configure Sitefinity CMS is supported only for Azure Cloud Services. In all other cloud IaaS providers Sitefinity CMS supports Auto Scaling by utilizing Redis service.
For more information, see Deploy projects to Azure App Services and Load balancing.
Geo location service
If you want to use Geo location API, you must use Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Express 2008 or higher. Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Express 2005, Oracle, and MySQL do not support Geo Location API.
For more information about Geo locations, see Address custom field.
: If you are using Oracle, or MySQL databases, disable Geo locations in the following way:
- Click Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the treeview on the left, click GeoLocations » Providers » Default.
- Deselect Enabled checkbox and save your changes.