Conversion and touchpoint reports
To move from data to insights, you need to gather data about user behavior, define the conversion, then track the progress of conversion rates. Sitefinity Insight provides you with comprehensive conversion reports, allows you to derive meaningful conclusions about user activity, and gives you insights for improving conversion rates.
To see all conversion reports, navigate to Conversions and click the conversion report you want to see in detail. Conversion reports summarize the interactions that your visitors have on your website and specific touchpoints you track or define. Most importantly, you can observe the current progress of conversion rates. You can see how many visitors and contacts completed the conversion event in the conversion window and you can compare the current with the historical average rates.
To see a summary of the conversion definition, on the top of the screen, click (More options) » View definition. You can do the following:
- View the conversion events
- View the tracked segment and the size of the window
- Delete the conversion or edit its definition
- View the user who defined or modified the definition
The most important conversion metrics in the report are the conversion rate and the number of unique conversions. For more information, see Visitors and conversions.
Conversions by persona
In this report you see all personas in the data center that have converted at least once in the selected time range. You can use this report to compare how often the different personas convert.
NOTE: This report does not support custom time range. If you select custom time range, it displays information about the last 30 days.
The report consists of two tabs: Total and Daily.
On the Total tab, for each persona, you see the following information:
- The total and the unique number of conversions.
- The number of visitors that provided their emails and, thus, became contacts.
By default, you see the top three personas ordered by Total conversions. If there are more than three personas, and you want to see all the personas that have at least one conversion, click All personas.
For more information about total vs unique conversions, see Visitors and conversions.
To view or change the full definition of a persona, click its name.
The Persona page opens.
On the Daily tab, you see the unique conversions for the selected personas for each day.
By default, you see the top three performing personas. To change the personas displayed in the chart, click (Change).
In the Show personas dialog that appears, select the personas that you want to be displayed in the chart.
NOTE: This dialog does not display personas who have no conversions for the selected time range.
Auto-discovered and tracked touchpoints
The Uplift by touchpoints report gives you an overview of tracked and auto-discovered touchpoints and their uplift to the specific conversion. For more information, see Track touchpoints and measure conversion rate uplift.
- Start tracking auto-discovered touchpoints
You will start getting day to day reports on touchpoint statistics about attribution to this conversion. For more information, see Touchpoint reports.
- Stop tracking a touchpoint
IMPORTANT: Once you stop tracking a touchpoint, Sitefinity Insight deletes this touchpoint along with all reports for this touchpoint and its attribution data. Do not stop tracking a touchpoint if you need this information.
- Sort touchpoints by unique conversions or by attribution
For more information, see Attribution by touchpoints.
- See a list of all touchpoints with attribution to this conversion
To see a list of all touchpoints, open the Touchpoints screen. To see a detailed report, click a touchpoint.
To access the actions available for a touchpoint, in the detailed touchpoint view, click the Actions ("…") menu. Using this menu, you can:
- View definition
You can see the touchpoint definition. This is the interaction that you are tracking with this touchpoint.
- Edit touchpoint
You can edit the name or the condition for hitting the touchpoint.
- Stop tracking
You stop tracking this touchpoint.
IMPORTANT: Once you stop tracking a touchpoint, Sitefinity Insight deletes this touchpoint along with all reports for this touchpoint and its uplift data. Do not stop tracking a touchpoint if you need this information.
Visitors and hits
The touchpoint chart report provides statistics about touchpoint hits, based on the period you have selected and on the granularity you require. You can also see the calculated change in hits compared to the previous time period. You can also see the change in hits, compared to the previous period.
You can see statistics for:
EXAMPLE: You have defined a touchpoint for downloading a whitepaper. Visitor A and Visitor B hit the touchpoint. The total hits are 2. However, Visitor A and Visitor B are merged in one Contact, because they are the same person who is downloading the whitepaper from two different locations. Therefore, the unique hits equal to 1.
Daily hits for a selected period
You use the Daily hits charts to evaluate the unique and the total daily hits for the selected period. To see the exact number of hits per day hover over the chart.
Hits by persona
In this section, you can see a table containing information about how many times that touchpoint was hit by visitors belonging to particular personas. The top three personas are always visible. To show the rest of the personas, click All personas. For each persona, the table displays:
- Total hits
Represents all hits for this touchpoint, since it was defined, regardless of whether the visitors belonging to the persona hit the touchpoint once or more times.
- Unique hits
Represents the number of unique visitors belonging to the persona that hit the touchpoint.
- Contacts with hits
Represents the number of contacts, belonging to the persona, that have hit this touchpoint.
Top previous and next interactions
In this section, you see the top twenty interactions which precede or follow the touchpoint.
NOTE: If you have a free account, you see only three interactions.
The numbers are aggregated (summed up) interactions from all your visitors.
For each interaction, you see the following:
- The name of the interaction
- The number of touchpoint hits, which this interaction precedes
- The ratio, in percent, between the touchpoint hits preceded by this interaction to all touchpoint hits.
When using the feature, keep in mind the following:
- The interactions may not necessarily be close together in time and can be hours or days apart.
- The previous or next interaction may be outside the period you have selected, only the touchpoint hit must be within it.
- If you select custom period, Insight displays the touchpoints in the last 30 days.
- The report for 3-month period is calculated once per week, and the report for 6-month period is calculated once per two weeks. The reports for all other periods are calculated daily. To learn the last time the report was calculated, check the message in the upper-right part of the report. The data is valid up to the last time the calculation was performed.
- If there are no touchpoint hits or preceding/following interactions in the selected time range, the report is empty.
You can also see the Conversion uplift summary. For more information, see Attribution by conversions.