This page describes how to install the DataDirect XQuery®
Editor for Eclipse. You can learn more about Eclipse and other editors for DataDirect XQuery®
Before You Begin
The DataDirect XQuery®
Editor for Eclipse requires an installation of the following software:
- DataDirect XQuery® 3.0 or higher
- Eclipse 3.1 or higher
- J2SE 1.4.x or higher
To install the DataDirect XQuery®
Editor for Eclipse:
- Start your Eclipse framework if it is not already running.
- Select Help > Software Updates > Find and Install... from the menu.
The Feature Updates dialog box appears.
- Select Search for new features to install and click Next.
The Update sites to visit dialog box appears.
- Click the New Remote Site button.
The New Update Site dialog box appears.
- Enter a mnemonic name in the Name field ("DataDirect XQuery", for example), and enter the following URL
in the URL field: http://www.xquery.com/xml_tools/eclipse.
- Click the OK button in the New Update Site dialog box.
- Click the Finish button in the Update sites to visit dialog box.
Your Eclipse framework will connect to the DataDirect XQuery® web site and detect the
availability of the DataDirect XQuery® Editor for Eclipse.
- Select the DataDirect XQuery Editor Feature and click the Next button.
You are prompted to accept the DataDirect XQuery® End User License Agreement.
- After reviewing and accepting the license agreement, click the Next button to continue.
The Installation page of the Install dialog box appears. At this point, you are ready to download the plugin.
- Click the Finish button to continue.
The Eclipse framework might warn you that the application needs to be restarted in order to properly complete installation.
Otherwise, the Feature Verification page of the Verification dialog box appears:
- Click the Install or Install All button to complete the installation.
What to Do Next
After installation, you're ready to start working with the DataDirect XQuery®
Editor for Eclipse. See Getting Started with the DataDirect XQuery® Editor for Eclipse for more information.
To uninstall the DataDirect XQuery® Editor for Eclipse:
- Delete the DataDirect XQuery® Jar file(s) in the Eclipse plugins directory — com.ddtek.xquery.xqueryeditor_x.y.z.jar, where x.y.z is the XQuery Editor version number, and
- Delete the DataDirect XQuery® folder(s) in the Eclipse features directory — com.ddtek.xquery.xqueryeditorfeature_x.y.z, where x.y.z is the XQuery Editor version number.