Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Apache Cassandra Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with OpenJDK 11* (driver version 08.00.0101 (B0377, U0256))
- Certified with OpenJDK 8* (driver version 08.00.0101 (B0377, U0256))
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.3* (driver version 08.00.0074 (B0238, U0156))
- Certified with Windows Server 2016* (driver version 08.00.0074 (B0238, U0156))
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 5.0
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 4.7 and 4.8
- Certified with Apache Cassandra 3.0 and 3.7
- Certified with Apache Cassandra 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2
- Supports SQL read-write access to Apache Cassandra data sources.
- Supports CQL Binary Protocol.
- The driver supports the core SQL-92 grammar.
- The driver supports all ODBC Core functions and some Level 1 and Level 2 features.
- Supports user id and password authentication.
- Supports Cassandra data types, including the complex types Tuple, user-defined types, Map, List and Set.
- Generates a normalized view of Cassandra data. Tuple and user-defined types
are flattened into a relational parent table, while collection types are
mapped as relational child tables.
- Supports Native and Refresh escape sequences to embed CQL commands in
- Supports Cassandra's tunable consistency functionality with the ReadConsistency and WriteConsistency connection options.
- Supports the handling of large result sets through the FetchSize, NativeFetchSize, and ResultMemorySize connection options.
- Supports applications that do not support unbounded data types through the ASCIISize, DecimalPrecision, DecimalScale, VarintPrecision, and VarcharSize connection options.