Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Apache Cassandra Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.3* (driver version 08.00.0074 (B0238, U0156))
- Certified with Windows Server 2016* (driver version 08.00.0074 (B0238, U0156))
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 5.0
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 4.7 and 4.8
- Certified with Apache Cassandra 3.0 and 3.7
- Certified with Apache Cassandra 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2
- The driver has been enhanced to support all the data consistency levels for
read and write operations that are supported by Apache Cassandra data stores.
Data consistency levels are configured using the Read Consistency and Write
Consistency connection options. Refer to the user's guide and reference for
descriptions of these options.*
- Supports SQL read-write access to Apache Cassandra data sources.
- Supports CQL Binary Protocol.
- The driver supports the core SQL-92 grammar.
- The driver supports all ODBC Core functions and some Level 1 and Level 2 features.
- Supports user id and password authentication.
- Supports Cassandra data types, including the complex types Tuple, user-defined types, Map, List and Set.
- Generates a normalized view of Cassandra data. Tuple and user-defined types
are flattened into a relational parent table, while collection types are
mapped as relational child tables.
- Supports Native and Refresh escape sequences to embed CQL commands in
- Supports Cassandra's tunable consistency functionality with the ReadConsistency and WriteConsistency connection options.
- Supports the handling of large result sets through the FetchSize, NativeFetchSize, and ResultMemorySize connection options.
- Supports applications that do not support unbounded data types through the ASCIISize, DecimalPrecision, DecimalScale, VarintPrecision, and VarcharSize connection options.