Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Amazon Redshift Wire Protocol Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 8.0*
Driver version 08.00.0291 (B0532, U0375)
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.3*
Driver version 08.00.0053 (B0259, U0174)
- Certified with Windows Server 2016
Driver version 07.16.0114 (B0316, U0209)
- Certified with Debian Linux 7.11, 8.5
Driver version 07.16.0106 (B0302, U0201)
- Certified with Ubuntu Linux 14.04, 16.04
Driver version 07.16.0106 (B0302, U0201)
- The curl library files that are installed with the product have been
upgraded to version 7.67.0, which fixes a number of potential security
vulnerabilities. For more information on the vulnerabilities resolved
by this enhancement, refer to: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/vulnerabilities.html.
This upgrade is available starting in build 08.02.0116 of the curl library
The default version of the OpenSSL library, 1.0.2r, has reached the end of its
product life-cycle and has been upgraded to version 1.1.1d. In addition to
receiving full update support, version 1.1.1d fixes the following security
- Padding Oracle in PKCS7_dataDecode and CMS_decrypt_set1_pkey (CVE-2019-1563)
- Windows builds with insecure path defaults (CVE-2019-1552)
- Fork Protection (CVE-2019-1549)
- ECDSA remote timing attack (CVE-2019-1547)
- ChaCha20-Poly1305 with long nonces (CVE-2019-1543)
- Timing vulnerability in ECDSA signature generation (CVE-2018-0735)
Version 1.1.1d also addresses vulnerabilities resolved by earlier versions of the library. For more information on the installed library files, refer to the readme.
For more information on the OpenSSL vulnerabilities resolved by this upgrade,
refer to the corresponding OpenSSL announcements at
- The new AllowedOpenSSLVersions option determines which version of the OpenSSL library file the driver uses for data
encryption when multiple versions are installed with the product. For example,
when specifying a value of 1.1.1 (AllowedOpenSSLVersions=1.1.1) the driver uses the 1.1.1 version of the library that is installed with the driver.*
- The default OpenSSL library version has been updated to 1.0.2r.*
The default OpenSSL library version has been updated to 1.0.2n.*
- The driver is now compiled using Visual Studio 2015 for improved security.
- Support for connecting to a proxy server through an HTTP connection. HTTP proxy support is configurable with five new connection options: Proxy Host, Proxy Mode, Proxy password, Proxy Port, and Proxy User.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the TimestampTZ data type.
- The new Fetch TSWTZ as Timestamp option allows you to determine whether the driver returns column values of the TimestampTZ data type as the ODBC data type SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP or SQL_VARCHAR.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the HOUR, MINUTE, MONTH, QUARTER, SECOND, WEEK, and YEAR ODBC functions for improved support of third-party applications such as Tableau.
- The driver includes a new Tableau data source file (Windows only) that provides improved functionality when accessing your data with Tableau. Refer to the Windows Quick Start for details.
- The driver and Driver Manager have been enhanced to support UTF-8 encoding in the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files.
- Certified with Windows 10
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.1
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.1
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.1
- Certified with SUSE Enterprise Server 12
- The driver has been updated with OpenSSL library version 1.0.2k.*
Note: OpenSSL library 1.0.2k has been replaced with version 1.0.2n.
Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.0
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.0
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.0
- The driver has been enhanced to optimize the performance of batch inserts.
- The OpenSSL library was upgraded to version 1.0.0r.
Note: OpenSSL library 1.0.0r has been replaced with version 1.0.2n.
- The new CryptoProtocolVersion connection option allows you to specify
the cryptographic protocols used when SSL is enabled. This option can be
used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including
the POODLE vulnerability.
The driver supports Amazon Web Services API, version 2012-12-01.
The driver supports all ODBC Core and Level 1 functions.
The driver supports the core SQL 92 grammar.
- The driver supports DataDirect Connection Pooling.
The driver supports advanced security features, including SSL data encryption.
- The driver supports configurable connection failover protection.