Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Amazon Redshift Wire Protocol Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Debian Linux 7.11*, 8.5* (driver version 07.16.0106 (B0302, U0201))
- Certified with Ubuntu Linux 14.04*, 16.04* (driver version 07.16.0106 (B0302, U0201))
- Certified with Windows 10
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.1
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.1
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.1
- Certified with SUSE Enterprise Server 12
The drivers have been updated with OpenSSL library version 1.0.2j, which addresses the following security vulnerabilities*:
- "Missing CRL sanity check" (CVE-2016-7052)
- "OCSP Status Request extension unbounded memory growth" (CVE-2016-6304)
- "SWEET32 Mitigation" (CVE-2016-2183)
- "OOB write in MDC2_Update()" (CVE-2016-6303)
- "Malformed SHA512 ticket DoS" (CVE-2016-6302)
- "OOB write in BN_bn2dec()" (CVE-2016-2182)
- "OOB read in TS_OBJ_print_bio()" (CVE-2016-2180)
- "Pointer arithmetic undefined behaviour" (CVE-2016-2177)
- "Constant time flag not preserved in DSA signing" (CVE-2016-2178)
- "DTLS buffered message DoS" (CVE-2016-2179)
- "DTLS replay protection DoS" (CVE-2016-2181)
- "Certificate message OOB reads" (CVE-2016-6306)
Version 1.0.2j also addresses the following vulnerabilities resolved by earlier versions of the library.
Originally resolved by the version 1.0.2h upgrade:
- "Padding oracle in AES-NI CBC MAC check" (CVE-2016-2107)
- "EVP_EncodeUpdate overflow" (CVE-2016-2105)
- "EVP_EncryptUpdate overflow" (CVE-2016-2106)
- "ASN.1 BIO excessive memory allocation" (CVE-2016-2109)
- "EBCDIC overread" (CVE-2016-2176)
Originally resolved by the version 1.0.2g upgrade:
- "missing Memory allocation success checks in doapr_outch function in
- "Cross‐protocol attack on TLS using SSLv2 (DROWN)" (CVE‐2016‐0800)
- "memory issues in BIO_*printf functions" (CVE‐2016‐0799)
- "Memory leak in SRP database lookups" (CVE‐2016‐0798)
- "Double‐free in DSA code" (CVE‐2016‐0705)
- "Side channel attack on modular exponentiation" (CVE-2016-0702)
Originally resolved by the version 1.0.2.f upgrade:
For more information on the OpenSSL vulnerabilities resolved by this upgrade,
refer to the corresponding OpenSSL announcements at
- Provides stronger cryptographic assurance against the "Logjam" vulnerability (CVE‐2015‐4000)
- "DH small subgroups" (CVE‐2016‐0701)
- "SSLv2 doesn't block disabled ciphers" (CVE‐2015‐3197)
- "BN_mod_exp may produce incorrect results on x86_64" (CVE‐2015‐3193)
- "Certificate verify crash with missing PSS parameter"(CVE‐2015‐3194)
- "X509_ATTRIBUTE memory leak" (CVE‐2015‐3195)
- The default OpenSSL library version has been updated to 1.0.2.h.*
- The default OpenSSL library version has been updated to 1.0.2g.*
- The default OpenSSL library version has been updated to 1.0.2f.
- The new CryptoLibName and SSLLibName connection options allow you to designate the OpenSSL libraries used when SSL is enabled.
Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.0
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.0
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.0
- The driver has been enhanced to optimize the performance of batch inserts.
- The OpenSSL library was upgraded to version 1.0.0r, which fixes the
CVE-2015-0204 (FREAK) vulnerability. See "RSA silently downgrades
to EXPORT_RSA [Client] (CVE-2015-0204)" at
https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20150108.txt for more
- The new CryptoProtocolVersion connection option allows you to specify
the cryptographic protocols used when SSL is enabled. This option can be
used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including
the POODLE vulnerability.
The driver supports Amazon Web Services API, version 2012-12-01.
The driver supports all ODBC Core and Level 1 functions.
The driver supports the core SQL 92 grammar.
- The driver supports DataDirect Connection Pooling.
The driver supports advanced security features, including SSL data encryption.
- The driver supports configurable connection failover protection.