Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Amazon Redshift Wire Protocol Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.3* (driver version 08.00.0053 (B0259, U0174))
- Certified with Windows Server 2016 (driver version 07.16.0114 (B0316, U0209))
- Certified with Debian Linux 7.11, 8.5 (driver version 07.16.0106 (B0302, U0201))
- Certified with Ubuntu Linux 14.04, 16.04 (driver version 07.16.0106 (B0302, U0201))
- The driver is now compiled using Visual Studio 2015 for improved security.
- Support for connecting to a proxy server through an HTTP connection. HTTP proxy support is configurable with five new connection options: Proxy Host, Proxy Mode, Proxy password, Proxy Port, and Proxy User.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the TimestampTZ data type.
- The new Fetch TSWTZ as Timestamp option allows you to determine whether the driver returns column values of the TimestampTZ data type as the ODBC data type SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP or SQL_VARCHAR.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the HOUR, MINUTE, MONTH, QUARTER, SECOND, WEEK, and YEAR ODBC functions for improved support of third-party applications such as Tableau.
- The driver includes a new Tableau data source file (Windows only) that provides improved functionality when accessing your data with Tableau. Refer to the Windows Quick Start for details.
- The driver and Driver Manager have been enhanced to support UTF-8 encoding in the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files.
- Certified with Windows 10
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.1
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.1
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.1
- Certified with SUSE Enterprise Server 12
Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.0
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.0
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.0
- The driver has been enhanced to optimize the performance of batch inserts.
- The OpenSSL library was upgraded to version 1.0.0r, which fixes the
CVE-2015-0204 (FREAK) vulnerability. See "RSA silently downgrades
to EXPORT_RSA [Client] (CVE-2015-0204)" at
https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20150108.txt for more
- The new CryptoProtocolVersion connection option allows you to specify
the cryptographic protocols used when SSL is enabled. This option can be
used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including
the POODLE vulnerability.
The driver supports Amazon Web Services API, version 2012-12-01.
The driver supports all ODBC Core and Level 1 functions.
The driver supports the core SQL 92 grammar.
- The driver supports DataDirect Connection Pooling.
The driver supports advanced security features, including SSL data encryption.
- The driver supports configurable connection failover protection.