Progress DataDirect for JDBC for SAP S/4HANA Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- The driver has been enhanced to set the maximum size of VARCHAR columns within the result set metadata using the MaxVarcharSize connection property.*
- Supports SQL read-write access to SAP S/4HANA cloud data source
- Supports JDBC core functions
- Supports the core SQL-92 grammar
- Supports SAP S/4HANA data types through data type inference
- Supports Basic authentication
- Supports SSL data encryption
- Supports connection to custom business objects and views via custom services,
including custom fields added through SAP S/4HANA UI.
- Supports the handling of large result sets with paging and the FetchSize connection property
- Includes Interactive SQL for JDBC (JDBCISQL). It is a command-line interface
that supports connecting your driver to a data source, executing SQL
statements, and retrieving results in a terminal. This tool provides a
method to quickly test your drivers in an environment that does not support GUIs.
- Includes the Progress DataDirect S/4HANA Configuration Manager for quick configuration and testing of your driver in a web browser. The tool allows you to:
- Generate and edit connection URLs
- Test connect connection URLs
- Execute SQL commands for testing
- Access connection property descriptions and the full product documentation