Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC for Oracle
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- The LOBPrefetchSize connection property has been added to the driver and is
supported for Oracle database versions 188.8.131.52 and higher. This connection
property allows you to specify the size of prefetch data the driver returns for
BLOBs and CLOBs. With LOB prefetch enabled, the driver can return LOB meta-data and the beginning of LOB data along with the LOB locator during a fetch
operation. This can have significant performance impact, especially for small
LOBs which can potentially be entirely prefetched, because the data is available
without having to go through the LOB protocol.*
- The SDUSize connection property has been added to the driver. This connection property allows you to specify the size in bytes of the Session Data Unit (SDU) that the driver requests when connecting to the server.
- The SupportBinaryXML connection property has been added to the driver. This connection property enables the driver to support XMLType with binary storage on servers running Oracle 12C and higher.
- The connection properties RandomGenerator and SecureRandomAlgorithm have been added to the driver.
- RandomGenerator allows you to specify the type of random number generator (RNG) the database uses for secure seeding.
- SecureRandomAlgorithm can be used to specify the SecureRandom number generation algorithm used for secure seeding with implementations of JDK 8 or higher when RandomGenerator is set to secureRandom.
- The CryptoProtocolVersion connection property has been added to the driver. This property can be used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including the POODLE vulnerability.
- Added the RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property. Note that the
driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement
Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.*
- Certified with Oracle 12c
- Enhanced to support all Oracle 11gR2 Kerberos encryption algorithms
- Enhanced to throw warning when EnableBulkLoad fails
- Added support for Oracle Wallet
- Support for the Oracle Advanced Security (OAS) data encryption and data
integrity feature, including support for the following new connection
- DataIntegrityLevel sets the level of OAS data integrity used for data sent between the driver and database server.
- DataIntegrityTypes specifies one or multiple algorithms to protect against attacks that intercept and modify data being transmitted between the client and server when OAS data integrity is enabled using the DataIntegrityLevel property.
- EncryptionLevel determines whether data is encrypted and decrypted when transmitted over the network between the driver and database server using OAS encryption.
- EncryptionTypes specifies one or multiple algorithms to use if OAS encryption is enabled using the EncryptionLevel property.