Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC for Oracle
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Java SE 9, 10, and 11.
- Certified with Oracle 18c (18.3).
- Certified with Oracle 18c R1 (18.1).
- The BatchMechanism connection property has been added to the driver.
It determines the mechanism that is used for executing batch operations.
It's a flexible replacement for BatchPerformanceWorkaround property.
Therefore, if you use BatchPerformanceWorkaround for specifying the
batch mechanism instead of BatchMechanism, the driver will allow it.
If you use both BatchMechanism and BatchPerformanceWorkaround
simultaneously, BatchMechanism will take precedence over
- The driver has been enhanced to support Kerberos constrained delegation.
Constrained delegation is a Kerberos mechanism that allows a client
application to delegate authentication to a second service.
- The GSSCredential connection property has been added to the driver.
It specifies the GSS credential object used to instantiate Kerberos
- The driver has been enhanced to support returning implicit result sets
from stored procedures.
- The driver has been enhanced to use Oracle Internet Directory as
a means to store authentication information.
- The driver has been enhanced to support Oracle Wallet SSL
authentication introduced in Oracle 184.108.40.206. The AuthenticationMethod
connection property should be set to either SSL or SSLUIDPassword to allow
SSL authentication when connecting with the driver.
- Support for Oracle Database Vault.
- Support for Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the following new data integrity
algorithms for Oracle Advanced Security on Oracle 12c and higher:
- The maximum supported length of identifiers has been increased to 128
bytes when connecting to Oracle 12c R2 (12.2) databases. This change
has been implemented to reflect the new maximum length supported by
- The driver has been enhanced to support the extended data types.
When the Oracle server is configured with MAX_STRING_SIZE=EXTENDED,
the driver supports the following maximum string sizes:
- NVARCHAR2: 32766 bytes
- RAW: 32767 bytes
- VARCHAR2: 32767 byte
- The LOBPrefetchSize connection property has been added to the driver and is
supported for Oracle database versions 220.127.116.11 and higher. This connection
property allows you to specify the size of prefetch data the driver returns for
BLOBs and CLOBs. With LOB prefetch enabled, the driver can return LOB meta-data and the beginning of LOB data along with the LOB locator during a fetch
operation. This can have significant performance impact, especially for small
LOBs which can potentially be entirely prefetched, because the data is available
without having to go through the LOB protocol.
- The default value for the SDUSize property has been updated to 16384.
- The default value for the EncryptionLevel property has been updated to
- The default value for the DataIntegrityLevel property has been updated to
- The driver no longer sets the java.security.krb5.conf system property to
force the use of the krb5.conf file installed with the driver jar files in
the /lib directory of the product installation directory.
- Added the RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property. Note that the
driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement
Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.
- Certified with Oracle 12c R2 (12.2).
Driver version 5.1.4.000391 (F000327.U000148).
- The SDUSize connection property has been added to the driver. This connection property allows you to specify the size in bytes of the Session Data Unit (SDU) that the driver requests when connecting to the server.
- The SupportBinaryXML connection property has been added to the driver. This connection property enables the driver to support XMLType with binary storage on servers running Oracle 12C and higher.
- The connection properties RandomGenerator and SecureRandomAlgorithm have been added to the driver.
- RandomGenerator allows you to specify the type of random number generator (RNG) the database uses for secure seeding.
- SecureRandomAlgorithm can be used to specify the SecureRandom number generation algorithm used for secure seeding with implementations of JDK 8 or higher when RandomGenerator is set to secureRandom.
- The CryptoProtocolVersion connection property has been added to the driver. This property can be used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including the POODLE vulnerability.
- Certified with Oracle 12c
- Enhanced to support all Oracle 11gR2 Kerberos encryption algorithms
- Enhanced to throw warning when EnableBulkLoad fails
- Added support for Oracle Wallet
- Support for the Oracle Advanced Security (OAS) data encryption and data
integrity feature, including support for the following new connection
- DataIntegrityLevel sets the level of OAS data integrity used for data sent between the driver and database server.
- DataIntegrityTypes specifies one or multiple algorithms to protect against attacks that intercept and modify data being transmitted between the client and server when OAS data integrity is enabled using the DataIntegrityLevel property.
- EncryptionLevel determines whether data is encrypted and decrypted when transmitted over the network between the driver and database server using OAS encryption.
- EncryptionTypes specifies one or multiple algorithms to use if OAS encryption is enabled using the EncryptionLevel property.