Progress DataDirect for JDBC for Apache Spark SQL
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Apache Spark SQL 2.0*
- Certified with Apache Spark SQL 1.4 and 1.5
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Statement.cancel API, which allows you to cancel running queries. The Statement.cancel API is supported only on Apache Spark SQL 2.0 and higher.*
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Binary data type for Apache Spark SQL 2.0 and higher, including the following two new connection properties:*
- MaxBinarySize allows you to specify the maximum length of fields of the Binary data type that the driver describes through result set descriptions and metadata methods.
- BinaryDescribeType allows you to specify whether Binary columns are described as VARBINARY or LONGVARBINARY.
- The driver has been enhanced to support HTTP mode, which allows you to access Apache Spark SQL data stores using HTTP/HTTPS requests. HTTP mode can be
configured using the new TransportMode and HTTPPath connection properties.*
- The driver has been enhanced to support cookie based authentication for HTTP
connections. Cookie based authentication can be configured using the new
EnableCookieAuthentication and CookieName connection properties.*
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Decimal and Varchar data types.
- The ArrayFetchSize connection property has been added to the driver to improve performance and reduce out of memory errors. ArrayFetchSize can be used to increase throughput or, alternately, improve response time in Web-based applications.
- The driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by
default. To register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling
with standard JMX API calls, the new RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean
connection property must be set to true.
GA Release Features
- Supports read-write access to Apache Spark SQL version 1.2.0 and higher
- Supports SSL data encryption
- Supports Kerberos authentication
- Supports connection pooling
- Returns result set metadata for parameterized statements that have been prepared but not yet executed
- Includes a set of timeout connection properties which allow you to limit the duration of active sessions and how long the driver waits to establish a connection before timing out
- Includes the TransactionMode connection property which allows you to configure the driver to report that it supports transactions, although Spark SQL does not support transactions. This provides a workaround for applications that do not operate with a driver that reports transactions are not supported.
GA Release Certifications
- Certified with Apache Spark SQL 1.2 and 1.3