Progress DataDirect for JDBC for Apache Cassandra
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Apache Cassandra 3.0 and 3.7*
- Certified with Apache Cassandra 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 5.0*
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 4.8
- Certified with DataStax Enterprise 4.7
- The driver has been enhanced to support Kerberos authentication.*
- The driver has been enhanced to support Cassandra's tunable consistency functionality with the ReadConsistency and WriteConsistency connection
- The driver has been enhanced to improve the handling of large result sets and
reduce the likelihood of out-of-memory errors through the introduction of the
FetchSize, NativeFetchSize, and ResultMemorySize connection properties.*
GA Release Features
- Supports SQL read-write access to Apache Cassandra 2.0 and higher
- Generates a normalized view of Cassandra data. Tuple and user-defined types are flattened into a relational parent table, while collection types are mapped as relational child tables.
- Supports Native and Refresh escape sequences to embed CQL commands in SQL-92 statements.
- Includes the TransactionMode connection property which allows you to configure the driver to report that it supports transactions, even though Cassandra does not support transactions. This provides a workaround for applications that do not operate with a driver that reports transactions are not supported.
- Support for Binary Large Objects (BLOBs)
- Support for connection pooling
- Support for statement pooling
- Includes the LoginTimeout connection property which allows you to specify how long the driver waits for a connection to be established before timing out the connection request.