Following my widely popular tutorial for Business Objects Universe to Salesforce produced with SAP, I'm hearing several requests for real-time ODBC3 access to complementary data such as marketing automation in Eloqua, Marketo or Hubspot. In response to the feedback from numerous BOBJ shops and from BOBJ User Groups/Conferences - we are rapidly delivering these SaaS data sources for Business Objects shops via DataDirect Cloud.
1. Sign up and log-in to your DataDirect Cloud account.
(In the spirit of Universe technology, I want to emphasize that DataDirect Cloud is a real-time data service)
2. Select your marketing automation data source such as Eloqua, Marketo or Hubspot. In this case, I am selecting Eloqua since I have a production account.
3. Configure your connection information to Eloqua. My Eloqua admin setup an account and I received an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with the connection information.
I set user name, password and company using the custom properties as follows: "Company=Progress;FailOnIncompleteData=1".
Note that the screen may change since this was taken during beta.
4. Download and install the "Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC" from DataDirect Cloud. For Universe Design Tool (UDT) or Information Design Tool (IDT), you will need a 32-bit ODBC client. For the Business Objects Application Server, you will need a 64-bit ODBC client.
5. Launch the ODBC Administrator from the "Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC" program group and create a new data source. The Database Name corresponds to the name configured in step 3. You will login using your DataDirect Cloud ID from the ODBC administrator.
6- Launch your design tool (IDT or UDT), and configure the Generic ODBC 3 data source as type, “ODBC3?.
7- Enter User name, Password and Data source name as "Eloqua" in this example.
8- Click Next and continue to design your Universe to Eloqua similar to any other database.
If you want to add MSU connectivity to SaaS data sources such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo or Hubspot: simply login to your DataDirect Cloud account and create a new connection. Then create a new local ODBC data source using the same Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC that points to the new connection.
Since these are standard ODBC compliant connections, you can also use them from Data Services running on either Windows or Unix/Linux.
Call 1-800-876-3101 to speak with a systems engineer and learn how other organizations are making progress after creating a BOBJ Universe to marketing automation data.
Technology researcher, thought leader and speaker working to enable enterprises to rapidly adopt new technologies that are adaptive, connected and cognitive. Sumit has been working in the data access infrastructure field for over 10 years servicing web/mobile developers, data engineers and data scientists. His primary areas of focus include cross platform app development, serverless architectures, and hybrid enterprise data management that supports open standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, GraphQL, OData/REST. He has presented dozens of technology sessions at conferences such as Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop World, API World, Microstrategy World, MongoDB World, etc.
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information at any time.
You can also ask us not to pass your Personal Information to third parties here: Do Not Sell My Info
Copyright © 2020 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, Ipswitch, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.