This tutorial assumes that you have ODBC drivers installed and a data source configured. If you have not yet done these steps, please follow these instructions:
1. Download and install the Progress DataDirect Google BigQuery ODBC driver for your database using the 15-day trial software. In this tutorial, we are connecting to Google BigQuery.
1. After the DataDirect Google BigQuery ODBC driver has been installed, open ODBC Administrator to configure the connection and click on Add.
2. Choose the “DataDirect X.X Google BigQuery” driver and click on “Finish.”
3. You should now see the ODBC Google BigQuery Driver Setup pop-up window launched.
4. Add your Data Source Name, project, dataset, and other credentials, and click on “Apply” and then “Test Connect.”
5. A pop-up window will confirm that the connection is established.
1. In Power BI, click on Get Data > More > All > ODBC. Choose it and you should now see a form as shown below where it will ask for the DSN name.
2. Select the “DSN”. Choose the data source from the dropdown list, that has been previously configured to connect to Google BigQuery, and click on “OK.”
3. Authenticate using your credentials under Database and click on Connect.
4. Choose your database, select table, and click on Load to continue.
5. You should now see your data in Power BI as shown below: