Progress DataDirect’s ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery offers a high-performing, secure and reliable connectivity solution for ODBC applications to access Google BigQuery data. Our ODBC driver can be easily used with SQL across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows and HP-UX. Enjoy real-time analytics, reporting and business intelligence (BI) capabilities with your favorite tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Excel, Cognos, Informatica, SAS, Board, MicroStrategy, SSIS, Oracle OBIEE and more.
- Use the High Performing Storage API when fetching large amount of data
- Use Service Account authentication to run the Google BigQuery jobs associated with service credentials without providing end-user’s credentials
- Use full CRUD support with both Standard and Legacy SQL dialect
Support for Storage API
Read large amounts of data quickly. The driver uses the Google BigQuery high performing Storage API for Selects based on the configurable values of the Storage API Threshold and Storage API Min Page Count connection option.
Support for Standard and Legacy SQL
Supports both Standard and Legacy SQL dialects based on configurable values of Syntax option. Driver supports CRUD operations with internal tables and read operations with external tables by leveraging the SQL engine functionality of Google BigQuery.
OAUTH and Service Account Support
Authenticate users without providing user credentials using secure OAUTH 2.0 protocol and Service Account authentication. The driver provides an option to pass the service account key directly rather than relying on a disk.
Security and Compliance
Protect customer-sensitive data elements (including remote credential or database pairings stored) with encryption, both at rest (AES-256) and in transit (SSL/TLS).
Use one ODBC driver for all versions of SQL across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows and HP-UX - to maximize development resources.
Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Google BigQuery Version 8.0.0
(32- and 64-bit drivers are available for all supported databases and platforms unless otherwise noted.)
ODBC Version Support
- Compatible with ODBC 3.8 applications
Operating System Support
AIX (32- and 64-bit)
- AIX, version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1 and higher
- HP-UX IPF (32- and 64-bit), 11i version 2.0 (B.11.23) and higher
Linux x86 (32- and 64-bit for AMD and Intel processors)
- CentOS Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Debian Linux x86, version 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Oracle Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Linux x86, version 10, 11, 12, 15 and higher
- Ubuntu Linux x86, version 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 and higher
- Solaris x86, version 10 (Solaris 5.10), 11 and higher
- Solaris on SPARC, version 8 (Solaris 5.8), 9, 10, 11 and higher
Windows (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows (x86), version 7, 8.1, 10 and higher
- Windows Server (x86), version 2008, 2012, 2016 and higher
Driver/Client Software Requirements
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Java SE 8 or higher (LTS version), including Oracle JDK, OpenJDK, and IBM SDK (Java) distributions.
Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Google BigQuery Driver