Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Apache Spark SQL Wire Protocol Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
Operating System Certifications
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.3* (driver version 08.01.0169 (B0259, U0174))
- Certified with Windows Server 2016* (driver verision 08.01.0144 (B0239, U0156))
- Certified with Debian Linux 7.11*, 8.5* (driver version 08.01.0088 (B0138, U0095))
- Certified with Ubuntu Linux 14.04*, 16.04* (driver version 08.01.0088 (B0138, U0095))
- Certified with Spark SQL 2.0* (driver verision 08.01.0144 (B0239, U0156))
- Certified with Spark SQL 1.4.x and 1.5.x
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Decimal and Varchar data types.
- The new Min Long Varchar Size connection option allows you to fetch SQL_LONGVARCHAR columns whose size is smaller than the minimum imposed by some third-party applications, such as SQL Server Linked Server.
- The new Varchar Threshold connection option allows you to fetch columns that would otherwise exceed the upper limit of the SQL_VARCHAR type for some third-party applications, such as SQL Server Linked Server.
- Support for Apache Spark SQL 1.2.x and 1.3.x.
- DataDirect Wire Protocol technology for improved response time and throughput.
- Support for all ODBC Core and Level 1 functions.
- Support for core SQL-92 grammar.
- Advanced security features, including:
- Kerberos authentication
- Data encryption