Progress DataDirect for ODBC for Snowflake
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with SUSE Enterprise Server 15*
Driver version 08.00.0014 (B0608, U0430, J000061)
- Certified with Windows Server 2019*
- The default version of the OpenSSL library has been upgraded to version 1.1.1l, which fixes the following security vulnerabilities:*
- SM2 Decryption Buffer Overflow (CVE-2021-3711)
- Read buffer overruns processing ASN.1 strings (CVE-2021-3712)
Version 1.1.1l also addresses vulnerabilities resolved by earlier versions of the library. For more information on the installed library files, refer to the readme.
For more information on the OpenSSL vulnerabilities resolved by this upgrade,
refer to the corresponding OpenSSL announcements at
- The drivers using base version B0649 and later have been enhanced to include timestamp in the internal packet logs by default. If you want to disable the timestamp logging in packet logs, set PacketLoggingOptions=1. The internal packet logging is not enabled by default. To enable it, set EnablePacketLogging=1.*
- The driver is enhanced to support the COPY command for loading and unloading
data from local file systems and cloud storage platforms.*
- The driver serves as a complete pass-through driver. It leverages the Snowflake SQL engine to execute queries.
- The driver provides enhanced performance over the native ODBC Snowflake driver.
- The driver supports create, read, update, and delete operations.
- The driver provides proxy support.
- The driver supports the handling of large result sets with configurable paging using the Fetch Size connection option.