Progress DataDirect for ODBC for SAP S/4HANA
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
For a list a list of issues resolved since general availability, refer to the fixes.
- The driver has been enhanced to support SAP BW/4HANA and other SAP ODATA V2 services exposed through the SAP NetWeaver Gateway.
- The driver has been enhanced to support CDS views that require parameters.
- The driver has been enhanced to support HTTP Header authentication for use with the S/4HANA sandbox hosted at https://api.sap.com.
- The driver has been enhanced to determine the maximum size of VARCHAR columns within the result set metadata using the new Maximum Varchar Size connection option.
- The driver has been enhanced to support a default value of 100000 for the Web Service Fetch Size connection option.
- The curl library files that are installed with the product have been
upgraded to version 7.75.0, which fixes a number of potential security
vulnerabilities. For more information on the vulnerabilities resolved
by this enhancement, refer to: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/vulnerabilities.html. This
upgrade is available starting in build 08.02.0239 of the curl library files.
- The driver supports SQL read and write access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud instances.
- The driver supports all ODBC Core and Level 1 functions and some Level 1 and Level 2 features.
- The driver supports SAP S/4HANA data types through data type inference.
- The driver supports basic authentication.
- The driver supports the handling of large result sets with paging and the Fetch Size (FetchSize) Web Service Fetch Size (WSFetchSize) connection options.
- The driver supports optimizing insert, update, and delete operations with the Batch Update Chunk Size (BatchUpdateChunkSize) connection option.
- On Windows platforms, the driver includes the DataDirect ODBC Driver Configuration Manager for quick configuration and testing of your driver. This Configuration Manager allows you to:
- Configure data sources
- Generate and edit connection URLs
- Test connect data sources and connection URLs
- Execute SQL commands for testing;
- Fetch OAuth tokens
- Access connection property descriptions and the full product documentation