Progress DataDirect Connect and Connect64 for ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol Driver
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with IBM Db2 Hosted* (driver version 7.16.0275 (B0365, U0243))
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.3* (driver version 07.16.0275 (B0365, U0243))
- Certified with DB2 12 for z/OS* (driver version 07.16.0273 (B0364, U0243))
- Certified with DB2 I 7.3* (DB2 UDB V7R3 for iSeries) (driver version 07.16.0262 (B0346, U0229))
- Certified with Windows Server 2016* (driver version 07.16.0262 (B0346, U0229)
- Certified with Debian Linux 7.11*, 8.5* (driver version 07.16.0253 (B0314, U0208))
- Certified with Ubuntu Linux 14.04*, 16.04* (driver version 07.16.0253 (B0314, U0208))
- Certified with Windows 10
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.1
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.1
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.1
- Certified with SUSE Enterprise Server 12
The following Windows platforms have reached the end of their product lifecycle
and are no longer supported by the driver*:
- Windows 8.0 (versions 8.1 and higher are still supported)
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows XP (all versions)
- Windows Server 2003 (all versions)
- Certified with Red Hat Enterprise 7.0
- Certified with CentOS Linux 7.0
- Certified with Oracle Linux 7.0
- Certified with DB2 I 7.2 (DB2 UDB V7R2 for iSeries)
- The OpenSSL library was upgraded to version 1.0.0r, which fixes the CVE‐2015‐0204 (FREAK) vulnerability. See "RSA silently downgrades to EXPORT_RSA [Client] (CVE‐2015‐0204)" at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20150108.txt for more information.
- The new Crypto Protocol Version connection option allows you to specify the cryptographic protocols used when SSL is enabled. This option can be used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including the POODLE vulnerability.
- Certified with Windows 8.1
- Certified with DB2 11 for z/OS
The new KeepAlive connection option allows you to
use TCP Keep Alive to maintain idle TCP connections.
- Certified with CentOS Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x
- Certified with Oracle Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x
- Certified with DB2 V10.5 for Linux, UNIX, Windows (LUW)
- Certified with Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Certified with Red Hat 6.3
- Certified with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- DB2 V10.1 for Linux, UNIX, Windows (LUW)
- DB2 V9.8 for Linux, UNIX, Windows (LUW)
- Certified with DB2 v9.8 pureScale
- Returns result set metadata for parameterized statements
that have been prepared but not yet executed.
- Supports parameter arrays, processing the arrays as a series of
executions, one execution for each row in the array.
- Provides a connection option that allows you to configure
the driver to report that it supports transactions, although Hive does not support transactions. This provides a workaround for applications that do not operate with a driver that reports transactions are not supported.
- The driver provides support for the following standard SQL
- Create Index, Create Table, and Create View
- Drop Index, Drop Table, and Drop View