ADO.NET is the data access component for the .NET Framework. ADO.NET is made of a set of classes that are used for connecting to a database and providing access to relational, XML or application data. Progress DataDirect offers the only 100% managed code
ADO.NET data providers for all major databases. By using 100% managed code, you can take advantage of the numerous built-in services of the CLR and enhance the performance of your managed application.
- Quickly launch Oracle ADO.NET driver without changing code
- Supports .NET 5 and .NET 6 runtimes
- Provides superior application performance and scalability using our ADO.NET driver for Oracle
Connect securely using advanced password encryptions supported by SAP Sybase ASE
Improve data access performance by simply switching ADO.NET providers, without changing application code
Ensure high availability via application failover and workload balancing without costly server configurations
Certified DataDirect quality guarantees ADO.NET connectivity across all supported database versions and distributions with complete functionality
Optimize your application performance and compatibility without any changes to the code
Easily load large volumes of data without application code or additional vendor tools that slow performance
Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.Net Entity Framework
- Oracle ADO.NET Entity Framework requires .NET Framework 4.5 and later versions
- Oracle ADO.NET Entity Framework supports features of Entity Framework 6.0
- Oracle Entity Framework data providers now require Entity Framework 6.0.
- Applications targeting .NET Framework 4.5.
- Database First, Model First, Code First, DBContext, Code First Migrations, Enumerated Types, Table Valued Functions, Code-Based Configuration (EF 6.0), Multiple Context Support, Connection Resiliency, Code First Map DML Operations To Stored Procedures, and Configurable Migrations History Table.
.NET Framework Support
- DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET version 4.3 has been certified for running on .NET Framework Versions 2.0 SP1 or higher, 3.5 SP1, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7.
Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET
- Your machine must have .NET Framework 4.0 or higher with the .NET Framework Redistributable Version 4.0 or higher installed.
- The Oracle ADO.NET data provider has been enhanced to support .Net 5 and .Net 6.
.NET Framework Support
- DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET version 4.3 has been certified for running on the .NET Framework Versions 2.0 SP1 or higher, 3.5 SP1, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7
Visual Studio Support
- Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio 2019
- Oracle Database:
- Oracle 21c R1 (21.1) and higher
- Oracle 19c R1 (19.1) and higher
- Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
- Oracle Database Cloud Service
Progress DataDirect for ADO.NET