DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Release 4.3.0
Only 100% managed code architecture for connectivity to Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, and Sybase using ADO.NET. With the 4.3.0 release, we are supporting several new features.
New Features in ADO.NET Entity Framework Data Providers
- Support for Credential object for all drivers
- Credential objects help to encrypt the password information when stored in the memory in the application.
- Oracle 12cR2 ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION=12 support
- Oracle FIPS support
- Improved vanilla Logging to log Entity dll versions
- Installer User Experience
- Installer now only requires .NET 4.0 as prerequisite. Which is the present by default on all windows OS after windows 7 SP3
- Upgraded Install Shield to latest version IS2016.
- DPE(Deployment of reports) is now integrated with the installer
- Other Features
- Support for Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 [Deprecated earlier versions]
- Performance Improvement
- Added Native Array Binding support for DB2 LUW and iSeries, leading to substantial performance improvement.
- DB and OS Certifications
- DB2 for i V7R3
- DB2 Z/OS 12
- SQL Server 2017
- Oracle 12cR2
- Windows 10 Creator
- .NET Framework 4.7