Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC for SQL Server
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Microsoft Analytics Platform System 10.00
- The driver has been enhanced to transparently connect to Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Microsoft Analytics Platform System data sources.
- The driver has been enhanced to support Always On Availability Groups. Introduced in SQL Server 2012, Always On Availability Groups is a replica database environment that provides a high-level of data availability, protection, and recovery.
- The driver has been enhanced to support Azure Active Directory authentication (Azure AD authentication). Azure AD authentication is an alternative to SQL Server Authentication that allows administrators to centrally manage user permissions to Azure SQL Database data stores.
- The driver has been enhanced to support Kerberos Constrained Delegation. Sometimes referred to as impersonation, Constrained Delegation allows the driver to establish a connection with credentials passed via a GSSCredential object.
- Support for DLL-based NTLM authentication has been deprecated. As a result, the AuthenticationMethod property has been updated to no longer support the ntlm value. If the value is specified, the driver throws an error when attempting to connect.
- For Kerberos authentication environments, the following changes have been implemented.
- The driver no longer sets the java.security.auth.login.config system property to force the use of the installed JDBCDriverLogin.conf file as the JAAS login configuration file. By default, the driver now uses the default JAAS login configuration file for Java, unless you specify a different location and file using the java.security.auth.login.config system property.
- The driver no longer sets the java.security.krb5.conf system property to force the use of the krb5.conf file installed with the driver jar files in the /lib directory of the product installation directory.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016*
- Support for NTLMv2 has been added to the driver. You can use the AuthenticationMethod connection property to specify that the driver use NTLMv2 authentication when establishing a connection.
- The CryptoProtocolVersion connection property has been added to the driver. This property can be used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including the POODLE vulnerability.
- Support for result set holdability has been added to the driver.
- Added the RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property. Note that the
driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.*
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Added ApplicationIntent connection property, which enables you to request read-only routing and connect to read-only database replicas.
- Enhanced drivers so that transaction isolation level may only be changed before the transaction is started.
- Enhanced to throw warning when EnableBulkLoad fails
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Azure SQL Database