Progress DataDirect for JDBC for Google BigQuery
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- The driver has been enhanced to include timestamp in the Spy and JDBC packet
logs by default. If required, you can disable the timestamp logging by
specifying the following at connection: For Spy logs, set
spyAttributes=(log=(file)Spy.log;timestamp=no) and for JDBC packet logs,
- Interactive SQL for JDBC (JDBCISQL) is now installed with the product.
JDBCISQL is a command-line interface that supports connecting your driver
to a data source, executing SQL statements and retrieving results in a
terminal. This tool provides a method to quickly test your drivers in an
environment that does not support GUIs.
- The default value of the SchemaSet configuration option has been changed to
the project and dataset specified at connection.*
- Supports standard and legacy Google BigQuery SQL dialects
- Supports JDBC core functions
- Serves as a complete pass-through driver that leverages Google BigQuery SQL engine to execute queries.
- Supports create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations.
- Returns data for complex data types, such as Array and Struct, as JSON strings, in a format that is easy to comprehend for JDBC applications.
- Supports proxy connections
- Supports the handling of large result sets with configurable paging and the FetchSize and WSFetchSize connection properties