Progress DataDirect Connect XE for JDBC for Impala
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Cloudera Impala 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6*
- Certified with Cloudera Impala 2.2 and 2.3*
- Certified with Cloudera Impala 2.0 and 2.1
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Char and Vachar data type with
Cloudera Impala 2.1 and higher.
- Support for result set holdability has been added to the driver.
- The driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by
default. To register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with
standard JMX API calls, the new RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection
property must be set to true.*
GA Release Features
- Supports SQL read-write access to Cloudera Impala 1.3 and higher
- Includes the TransactionMode connection property which allows you to configure the driver to report that it supports transactions, even though Hive does not support transactions. This provides a workaround for applications which do not operate with a driver that reports transactions are not supported.
- Support for connection pooling
GA Release Certifications
- Certified with Cloudera Impala 1.3 and 1.4