Progress DataDirect Connect XE for JDBC for Apache Hive
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Apache Hive 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2*
- Certified with Apache Hive 0.13 and 0.14
- The BatchMechanism connection property has been added to the driver. By setting BatchMechanism to multiRowInsert, you enable the driver to execute a single insert for all the rows contained in a parameter array. MultiRowInsert is the default setting and provides substantial performance gains when performing batch inserts.*
- The driver has been enhanced to support SSL for Apache Hive 0.13.0 and higher, incorporating the addition of nine new connection properties.*
- The driver's Kerberos functionality has been enhanced to support SASL-QOP data integrity and confidentiality. Hence, in addition to supporting the auth value, the driver now supports the auth-int and auth-conf values. SASL-QOP values are defined as follows:
Note that SASL-QOP is configured on the server side as a part of HiveServer2 Kerberos configuration. When Kerberos authentication is enabled through the driver (AuthenticationMethod=kerberos), the driver automatically detects and abides by the server's SASL-QOP configuration at connection time.*
- auth: authentication only (default)
- auth-int: authentication with integrity protection
- auth-conf: authentication with confidentiality protection
- Support for row-level inserts has been added to the driver.
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Char, Decimal, Date, and Varchar data types.
- Added the RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property. Note that the
driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.*
- Certified with Apache Hive 0.10, 0.11, and 0.12
- The driver has been enhanced to support the Kerberos authentication protocol with the addition of the AuthenticationMethod and ServicePrincipalName connection properties.
GA Release Features
- Support for Apache Hive 0.8 and higher
- Returns result set metadata for parameterized statements that have been prepared but not yet executed
- Supports connection pooling
- Includes the LoginTimeout connection property which allows you to specify the amount of time the driver waits for a connection to be established before timing out the connection request
- Includes the TransactionMode connection property which allows you to configure the driver to report that it supports transactions, even though Hive does not support transactions. This provides a workaround for applications which do not operate with a driver that reports transactions are not supported.
- The driver provides support for the following standard SQL functionality:
- Create Table and Create View
- Drop Table and Drop View
- Batches in HiveServer2 connections
GA Release Certifications
- Certified with Apache Hive 0.8 and 0.9