Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC for PostgreSQL
An asterisk (*) indicates support that was added in a hotfix or software patch subsequent to a release.
- Certified with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL 1.0*
Driver version 5.1.4.000130 (F000375.U000182)
- Certified with PostgreSQL 10.1*
Driver version 5.1.4.000121 (F000358.U000177)
- Certified with PostgreSQL 9.5 and 9.6*
- Certified with PostgreSQL 9.3 and 9.4
- The ExtendedColumnMetadata connection property has been added to the driver.
This property determines how the driver returns column metadata when retrieving
results with ResultSetMetaData methods.*
- The CryptoProtocolVersion connection property has been added to the driver. This property can be used to avoid vulnerabilities associated with SSLv3 and SSLv2, including the POODLE vulnerability.
- Support for result set holdability has been added to the driver.
- Added the RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean connection property. Note that the
driver no longer registers the Statement Pool Monitor as a JMX MBean by default.
You must set RegisterStatementPoolMonitorMBean to true to register the Statement Pool Monitor and manage statement pooling with standard JMX API calls.*
- Added SupportsCatalogs connection property, which enables driver support for catalog calls
- Added four connection properties to handle VARCHAR, LONGVARCHAR, and NUMERIC data types: MaxVarcharSize, MaxLongVarcharSize, MaxNumericPrecision, and MaxNumericScale
GA Release Features
- Supports SQL access to PostgreSQL 8.2 and higher
- Supports SSL protocol for sending encrypted data
- Supports connection pooling
- Supports the DataDirect Bulk Load API
- Includes the TransactionErrorBehavior connection property which determines how the driver handles errors that occur within a transaction
- Includes the LoginTimeout connection property which allows you to specify the amount of time the driver waits for a connection to be established before timing out the connection request
GA Release CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified with PostgreSQL 9.0, 9.1, and 9.2
- Certified with PostgreSQL 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4