This tutorial assumes that you have ODBC drivers installed and a data source configured. If you have not yet done these steps, please follow these instructions:
1. After the DataDirect MS Dynamics 365 ODBC driver has been installed, open ODBC Administrator to configure the connection and click on "Add."
2. Choose the “” driver and click on “.”
3. You should now see the ODBC MS Dynamics 365 Datasource configuration manager launched in your browser.
4. Add your Data Source Name and other credentials. Click on “” and then “.”
5. A Logon Dialog will pop up in your browser. Recheck your credentials and click on “.”
6. The connection will then be established, and you will be able to access your metadata.
1. Start Tableau and select the “” option.
2. In the pop-up window, select the “” radial button, choose the data source previously configured to connect to MS Dynamics 365 in the dropdown, and click on “.”
3. The Logon Dialog will reappear. Click on “.”
4. The string extras will appear in the designated box. Enter any additional parameters required to connect to your MS Dynamics 365 data source, such as a username and password, and select “.”
1. After the driver has been downloaded:
2. After you have completed the installation, you can find the Progress DataDirect MS Dynamics 365 jar file.
1. Progress DataDirect MS Dynamics 365 JDBC connector comes with a JDBC Configuration Manager that helps you easily configure the connection to your MS Dynamics 365 data.
2. To Launch the MS Dynamics 365 JDBC Configuration Manager, double click the dynamics365.jar at “Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\JDBC_60\lib\dynamics365.jar”, or run using java -jar dynamics365.jar
3. You should now see the below configuration manager launched in your browser.