Progress DataDirect’s ODBC Driver for Salesforce offers a high-performing, secure and reliable connectivity solution for ODBC applications to access Salesforce data. Our ODBC driver can be easily used with SQL across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows, and HP-UX. Enjoy real-time analytics, reporting, and business intelligence (BI) capabilities with your favorite tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Excel, Cognos, Informatica, SAS, Board, MicroStrategy, SSIS, Oracle OBIEE, and more.In this article, you will learn how you can use Progress DataDirect ODBC drivers to build Power BI reports on Salesforce Data with Progress DataDirect Salesforce ODBC driver.
This tutorial assumes that you have ODBC drivers installed and a data source configured. If you have not yet done these steps, please follow these instructions:
1. Download and install the Progress DataDirect Salesforce ODBC driver for your database using the 15-day trial software. In this tutorial, we are connecting to Salesforce.
1. After the DataDirect Salesforce ODBC driver has been installed, open ODBC Administrator to configure the connection and click on Add.
2. Choose the “DataDirect X.X Salesforce” driver and click on “Finish.”
3. You should now see the ODBC Salesforce Driver Setup pop-up window launched. Add your credentials, click on “Apply” and then “Test Connect.”
4. A Logon Dialog will pop up. Enter your username and password and click on “OK.”
5. A pop-up window will confirm that the connection is established.
1. In Power BI, click on Get Data > More > All > ODBC. Click on “Connect.”
2. You should now see a form as shown below where it will ask for the DSN name. Select the “DSN” from the dropdown. Choose the data source previously configured to connect to Salesforce and click on “OK.”
3. Authenticate using your credentials under Database and click on Connect.
4. Choose your database, select table, and click on Load to continue.