1. Install the unixODBC package by running the below command.
a. For CentOS:
b. For Ubuntu/Debian:
2. After installing unixODBC, copy the contents of /home/<user>/Progress/DataDirect/ODBC_80_64bit/odbcinst.ini and paste them in the file at /etc/odbcinst.ini
1. Download the Progress DataDirect ODBC Driver for Amazon Redshift.
2. Extract the package by running the below command
3. Install the driver by running the executing the bin file
4. After installation, go to the install folder and run the shell script odbc.sh or odbc.csh to install required environment variables.
5. This will set three environment variables. Verify if these are present before going further.
1. To access your Redshift from Python, you must install pyodbc package. Install it by running the below command
2. Now use a sample Python program like below to access your data from Redshift
Feel free to download the Progress DataDirect ODBC Driver for Amazon RedShift and try it out. If you have any questions please contact us and we will be happy to help you.