TeamCity is a build management and continuous integration server from JetBrains. There’s a lot of insights that can be discovered but accessing TeamCity data from tools like Tableau, Tibco, etc. can be tricky. With the Progress DataDirect TeamCity JDBC connector, you can now connect to your data in TeamCity as easily as you could with any JDBC driver. In this tutorial, we will walk you through how easily you can connect and access TeamCity data and generate reports on it from any supported JDBC compliant reporting tool.
Before we get started on TeamCity connector configuration, let’s look at supported TeamCity authentication methods and the how you can get the details needed for the specific authentication method you want to use.
- Progress DataDirect TeamCity JDBC connector supports 2 authentication methods – Basic and Bearer Token
- For basic authentication, you will need to have Username and Password for your TeamCity instance provided to you.
- For Bearer Token authentication
- Go to My Settings & Tools -> Access Tokens -> and Click on Create New Access Token
- Provide a token name in the pop up and generate access token
- Copy the Token that got generated and store it securely.