Progress DataDirect Hybrid Data Pipeline
is an innovative data access service for enterprises and cloud ISVs that is designed to simplify and streamline data integration between cloud, mobile, and on-premises sources through a secure, firewall-friendly integration.
It is a transformative technology, abstracting away the complexity that has inevitably followed the recent explosion of data, which allows developers to build data-centric applications faster than ever, and manage them more easily.
SaaS ISVs can drive new wins through integration with customers’ legacy applications and data. IT can immediately provide a plug-and-play solution that extends the reach of BI and ETL, RESTify any database to improve developer productivity, accelerates the delivery of exciting new services.
You can deploy Hybrid Data Pipeline on your servers anywhere in the world and with explosion in the use of cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS etc., we put together this tutorial to help you deploy Hybrid Data Pipeline on Google Cloud.
- To get an evaluation copy of Hybrid Data Pipeline, visit this page and
fill in your details to be able to download the installer.
- Copy the installer to Google compute instance using sftp or program like
WinSCP if you are on Windows.
- Connect to your Google compute instance using putty or the SSH console or the
gcloud utility from the Google Cloud SDK.
- Once you have logged in, you should be able to find the installer that you
have copied from your local machine in the home folder of the user
- If the installer package is not executable, run the following command to make
the package executable.
- To start the installation, run the following command which will start the
installer in console mode
- During the installation,
- Make sure you read and understand the License agreement and accept
the License agreement to continue the installation
- By default, the installation directory will be the following, but if you
want to change it you are free to do so.
- Choose the type of installation when prompted for. If you are trying the
Hybrid Data Pipeline, choose Evaluation as your option. If you have purchased a
license, choose Licensed installation and enter your license key number to proceed
- When the installer asks you to enter the hostname for your server, enter
the full domain name label that you have or the IP address for the Google Compute
- The installer tries to validate hostname, but it will fail. Ignore the
validation and proceed ahead with the installation.
- When installer prompts for a SSL certificate File, select
No to use the self-signed trust store that is included with the
installation. If you have an SSL Certificate file that you want to use, you can
provide path to that instead of using the certificate that comes with installer, by
- To use default settings, you can choose Typical installation (1), but if
you want to configure the installation with your own settings, choose custom
- Next, you should see Ready to Install information with all the
configurations that you have made. Press ENTER to install Hybrid Data Pipeline with
- After the installation is complete, you will see an Install Complete
message. To exit the installer, press ENTER.
8. To access Hybrid Data Pipeline, we would have to configure the Google
compute Firewall to allow incoming TCP traffic on 8080 and 8443 ports.
9. Go to Networking from the sidebar of Google Cloud -> Firewall rules ->
Create Firewall Rule and configure it as shown below.
Open your browser and browse to https://ip_address_or_dns_name:8443, which opens the Hybrid Data Pipeline Login screen. Use d2cadmin/d2cadmin as username and password to login into Hybrid Data Pipeline Dashboard.
Following are couple of screenshots of Hybrid Data Pipeline for your reference.
Now that you have successfully deployed the world’s advanced Hybrid data access solution, feel free to configure your data sources in Hybrid Data pipeline, and integrate the data in your applications using the Hybrid Data Pipeline’s standards based ODBC, JDBC connectivity or using its REST API, one of the most advanced OData standard’s API. Note that trial is valid for 90 days, and you will have complete access to use any of the data stores.
To learn more about Progress DataDirect Hybrid Data Pipeline, you can visit this page or watch this short video overview.