- Use the bulk capabilities when uploading large volume of data without application code changes
- Use secure Active Directory authentication using Azure AD User or using the Access Token
- Secure sensitive data using column encryption
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Analytics Platform System
- Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics
- Big Data Clusters
Support for Bulk Upload
Load large amounts of data to the database faster. When the Enable Bulk Load option is on, the driver uses the database bulk protocol when an application executes an Insert with multiple rows of parameter data.
Support for Always Encrypted
Provides improved security by storing sensitive data on the server in an encrypted state. When sensitive data is requested by the application, the driver transparently decrypts data from encrypted columns and returns them to the application, thus reducing exposure to potential vulnerabilities, including server-side security breaches.
Support for High Availability
Parallel connections to all failover IP addresses in an Availability Group when the connection is broken, or the listener IP address is unavailable. The first IP address to successfully respond to the request is used for the connection.
Support for Secure Authentication Mechanism
Supports secure Azure Active Directory authentication using Azure AD credentials or a generated Access Token
Security and Compliance
Protect customer-sensitive data elements (including remote credential or database pairings stored) with encryption, both at rest (AES-256) and in transit (SSL/TLS).
Use one JDBC driver for all versions of SQL Server across both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
Progress DataDirect Connect for JDBC SQL Server Driver
- Microsoft Windows Azure SQL Database Version 12.0 and higher
- Microsoft Windows Azure SQL Database Version 11.0 and higher
- Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse), version 12 and higher
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Java SE 8 or higher (LTS version), including Oracle JDK, OpenJDK, and IBM SDK (Java) distributions.
Progress DataDirect for JDBC for SQL Server Driver