Progress DataDirect’s JDBC Driver for IBM BigInsights Hive offers a high-performing, secure and reliable connectivity solution for JDBC applications to access IBM BigInsights Hive data. Our JDBC driver can be easily used with all versions of SQL and across both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. Enjoy real-time analytics, reporting and business intelligence (BI) capabilities with your favorite tools such as SAS, Yellowfin, SAP, Sisense, Denodo, Cognos, Jaspersoft, Tableau, Tibco, OBIEE, and more.
- Get full support for any new version of Hive from day one
- Ensures availability with built-in failover and other high-value features
- Guaranteed reliability with comprehensive hive focused testing and true compliance to standards
Superfast data loading and extraction that reduces the time and cost of running enterprise infrastructures
Support for Advanced Security Features
Our Hive JDBC driver supports advanced security mechanisms including Kerberos, Knox, Sentry and Ranger for authentication and authorization across all your distributions.
Codeless Bulk Load / Export with BatchMechanism
Progress DataDirect JDBC drivers support bulk load through BatchMechanism. This means existing applications, such as Apache Sqoop, can get bulk insert performance without any code changes or external tools such as bcp for SQL Server or SQL*Loader for Oracle. Learn more from our documentation
Supports the latest TLS protocols for data encryption, secure authentication methods for connections and HTTP Proxy for client security while connecting to cloud deployments
Ensure high availability via application failover and workload balancing without changing application code
Easy to Use
True standards compliance with ODBC and JDBC
Supported on every major platform and certified to work with leading applications such as Tableau, Informatica, ODI and more
All versions of this driver are part of the Connect XE for JDBC Series.
Progress DataDirect for JDBC Apache Hive Driver
Hive Version Support
- Apache Hive 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and higher
- Supports Apache Hive against the following distributions:
- Amazon EMR 4.0 and higher
- Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) 7.1.x and higher
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Java SE 8 or higher (LTS version), including Oracle JDK, OpenJDK, and IBM SDK (Java) distributions.