To facilitate the migration from the deprecated MySQL ODBC interface to RightNow, or Oracle Service Cloud (OSC) - DataDirect Cloud has added real-time direct SQL connectivity using the secure public APIs over HTTPS. We know what we’re doing after introducing standards based SaaS connectivity to Salesforce.com back in 2006. I’m starting with Crystal Reports, but similar steps apply to the following popular tools:
1- Create Datadirect Cloud Login to start your trial
2- Create data source in DataDirect Cloud connecting to your Oracle Service Cloud instance
3. Download and install 32-bit DataDirect Cloud ODBC client (JDBC clients and OData production are also supported); and create an ODBC data source named “RightNow32” for Oracle Service Cloud from step 2 that is local to the Crystal Reports machine.
4. Launch Crystal Reports 2013 and create a blank report
5. Launch the database expert
6. Select “RightNow32” ODBC data source and navigate the schema.
7. Your data will be in the RIGHTNOW schema and you will notice tables and stored procedures. Tables are the OSC entities or objects; and procedures expose your native reports. If you have more than 8000, check out SAP article to display them all titled, "1215994 - Unable to see all database objects in Crystal Reports"
8. You will notice that the OSC interface in DataDirect Cloud is ANSI SQL-92 compliant with standard ODBC escape syntax, and you can find a list of supported scalar functions for Oracle Service Cloud (RightNow) in our documentation.
I’m a data hippie and love standards and interoperability. But if you have reports hard coded against MySQL specific commands, please let us know of any challenges you’re facing.
1. Start a trial of DataDirect Cloud OData production at DataDirect Cloud.
2. Talk to us @DataDirect_News or @SAsInSumit
3. Or call 1-800-876-3101 to learn more
Sumit Sarkar is a Chief Data Evangelist at Progress, with over 10 years experience working in the data connectivity field. The world's leading consultant on open data standards connectivity with cloud data, Sumit's interests include performance tuning of the data access layer for which he has developed a patent pending technology for its analysis; business intelligence and data warehousing for SaaS platforms; and data connectivity for aPaaS environments, with a focus on standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and ODATA. He is an IBM Certified Consultant for IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and TDWI member. He has presented sessions on data connectivity at various conferences including Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop, MongoDB World and SAP Analytics and Business Objects Conference, among many others.
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
Copyright © 2019 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.