To facilitate the migration from the deprecated MySQL ODBC interface to RightNow, or Oracle Service Cloud (OSC) - DataDirect Cloud has added real-time direct SQL connectivity using the secure public APIs over HTTPS. We know what we’re doing after introducing standards based SaaS connectivity to Salesforce.com back in 2006. I’m starting with Crystal Reports, but similar steps apply to the following popular tools:
1- Create Datadirect Cloud Login to start your trial
2- Create data source in DataDirect Cloud connecting to your Oracle Service Cloud instance
3. Download and install 32-bit DataDirect Cloud ODBC client (JDBC clients and OData production are also supported); and create an ODBC data source named “RightNow32” for Oracle Service Cloud from step 2 that is local to the Crystal Reports machine.
4. Launch Crystal Reports 2013 and create a blank report
5. Launch the database expert
6. Select “RightNow32” ODBC data source and navigate the schema.
7. Your data will be in the RIGHTNOW schema and you will notice tables and stored procedures. Tables are the OSC entities or objects; and procedures expose your native reports. If you have more than 8000, check out SAP article to display them all titled, "1215994 - Unable to see all database objects in Crystal Reports"
8. You will notice that the OSC interface in DataDirect Cloud is ANSI SQL-92 compliant with standard ODBC escape syntax, and you can find a list of supported scalar functions for Oracle Service Cloud (RightNow) in our documentation.
I’m a data hippie and love standards and interoperability. But if you have reports hard coded against MySQL specific commands, please let us know of any challenges you’re facing.
1. Start a trial of DataDirect Cloud OData production at DataDirect Cloud.
2. Talk to us @DataDirect_News or @SAsInSumit
3. Or call 1-800-876-3101 to learn more
Technology researcher, thought leader and speaker working to enable enterprises to rapidly adopt new technologies that are adaptive, connected and cognitive. Sumit has been working in the data access infrastructure field for over 10 years servicing web/mobile developers, data engineers and data scientists. His primary areas of focus include cross platform app development, serverless architectures, and hybrid enterprise data management that supports open standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, GraphQL, OData/REST. He has presented dozens of technology sessions at conferences such as Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop World, API World, Microstrategy World, MongoDB World, etc.
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information at any time.
You can also ask us not to pass your Personal Information to third parties here: Do Not Sell My Info
Copyright © 2020 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, Ipswitch, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.