Build, protect and deploy apps across any platform and mobile device
Deliver Awesome UI with the most complete toolboxes for .NET, Web and Mobile development
Automate UI, load and performance testing for web, desktop and mobile
Rapidly develop, manage and deploy business apps, delivered as SaaS in the cloud
Automate decision processes with a no-code business rules engine
Build mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone
Deploy automated machine learning to accurately predict machine failures with technology optimized for Industrial IoT.
Optimize data integration with high-performance connectivity
Connect to any cloud or on-premises data source using a standard interface
Build engaging multi-channel web and digital experiences with intuitive web content management
We just completed a POC now ready for production using Progress DataDirect Connect64 XE for ODBC Salesforce driver to migrate, replicate, cleanse, and synchronize Salesforce CRM data using Informatica PowerCenter v9.0.1 running on Linux x64.
1. Download the free trial of the DataDirect Connect64 XE for ODBC Driver 6.1 for Unix/Linux. Verify patch level is 06.12.0071 or higher.
2. Test connect to your Salesforce account using our example program installed in samples/example.
3. Configure Informatica environment profile to include /lib directory of ODBC driver, and copy the [Salesforce] data source to Informatica's existing odbc.ini configuration file.
4. In odbc.ini data source configuration, set TransactionMode=1 for Salesforce data source.
Description=DataDirect 6.1 Salesforce
5. Restart Informatica server to pick up new environment.
6. Create relational target or source for your workflow as if Salesforce were any other database connection.
1. Download free 15 day trial of the DataDirect Connect XE for ODBC or JDBC Salesforce drivers to integrate an unlimited number of applications with Salesforce.
2. Or call 1-800-876-3101 to speak with a live Solutions Consultant to learn how other organizations are making progress with DataDirect Connect Salesforce integration.
Sumit Sarkar is a Chief Data Evangelist at Progress, with over 10 years experience working in the data connectivity field. The world's leading consultant on open data standards connectivity with cloud data, Sumit's interests include performance tuning of the data access layer for which he has developed a patent pending technology for its analysis; business intelligence and data warehousing for SaaS platforms; and data connectivity for aPaaS environments, with a focus on standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and ODATA. He is an IBM Certified Consultant for IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and TDWI member. He has presented sessions on data connectivity at various conferences including Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop, MongoDB World and SAP Analytics and Business Objects Conference, among many others.
Copyright © 2017 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.