We just completed a POC now ready for production using Progress DataDirect Connect64 XE for ODBC Salesforce driver to migrate, replicate, cleanse, and synchronize Salesforce CRM data using Informatica PowerCenter v9.0.1 running on Linux x64.
1. Download the free trial of the DataDirect Connect64 XE for ODBC Driver 6.1 for Unix/Linux. Verify patch level is 06.12.0071 or higher.
2. Test connect to your Salesforce account using our example program installed in samples/example.
3. Configure Informatica environment profile to include /lib directory of ODBC driver, and copy the [Salesforce] data source to Informatica's existing odbc.ini configuration file.
4. In odbc.ini data source configuration, set TransactionMode=1 for Salesforce data source.
Description=DataDirect 6.1 Salesforce
5. Restart Informatica server to pick up new environment.
6. Create relational target or source for your workflow as if Salesforce were any other database connection.
1. Download free 15 day trial of the DataDirect Connect XE for ODBC or JDBC Salesforce drivers to integrate an unlimited number of applications with Salesforce.
2. Or call 1-800-876-3101 to speak with a live Solutions Consultant to learn how other organizations are making progress with DataDirect Connect Salesforce integration.
Technology researcher, thought leader and speaker working to enable enterprises to rapidly adopt new technologies that are adaptive, connected and cognitive. Sumit has been working in the data access infrastructure field for over 10 years servicing web/mobile developers, data engineers and data scientists. His primary areas of focus include cross platform app development, serverless architectures, and hybrid enterprise data management that supports open standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, GraphQL, OData/REST. He has presented dozens of technology sessions at conferences such as Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop World, API World, Microstrategy World, MongoDB World, etc.
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
Copyright © 2019 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, Ipswitch, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.