This notice applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (“Personal Information”). Personal information does not include publicly-available information, deidentified or aggregated consumer information and certain other information that is regulated by other applicable laws.
In this notice we talk about “selling” your personal information. Under the CCPA, “selling” is broadly defined as “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.” This means that when Progress shares your information with our Partners so that they can contact you about our products and related services they may offer you, we are “selling” your information under CCPA. Progress does not sell customer lists or any of your personal information to third parties other than as expressly stated in this notice.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers in the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (e.g. real name, address, social security number)
- Characteristics of protected classification under California or Federal law;
- Commercial information (e.g. products purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories)
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g. browsing history, search history, or a consumer’s interaction with a website)
- Geolocation data
- Audio, visual, and similar information
- Professional or employment related information
- Education information (information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about a consumer (reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and attitudes)
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase from us.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing and/or tracking your browsing activity on our websites.
- From our Partners. For example, when they register your contact information with us as a lead or an end user.
- From third-party marketing companies who provide us with sales leads.
- Through your interactions with us on social media (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Our business purposes for the collection and use of this information are:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, to respond to an enquiry about our products and services, provide you with pricing information, facilitate the delivery of products you have licensed.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations with you.
- To provide you with maintenance and support, including to investigate and address issues and monitor and improve our responses.
- To improve our website, products and services
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content, product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website and via email.
- To send you updates about our company
- For targeted marketing campaigns
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us (if applicable)
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, litigation, court order, or governmental regulations
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our website users or customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information (in the limited circumstances described below), subject to your right to opt-out of those sales.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers, who provide us with services and do not use your information for any purpose other than the performance of their contract with us, for example our auditors, legal and financial advisors.
- Our Partners
- Progress subsidiaries and affiliates
- Internet cookie data recipients
- Industry Analysts
The CCPA allows you to request, twice in any 12-month period, information about how we collect, store, disclose or sell your personal information. You can submit such requests online by clicking here or by calling +1 (888) 914-9661 (toll-free) and entering the Progress unique PIN 689 150 when prompted. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so.
Right to Know
You have the right to know what personal information about you that we have collected in the past twelve (12) months. After we receive your verified request (see below for an explanation), we will provide you with the following in accordance with the time period allowed under the CCPA:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
You have the right to know how we have disclosed and sold your personal information in the past twelve (12) months. After we receive your verified request (see below for an explanation), we will provide you with the following in accordance with the time period allowed under the CCPA:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from you
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information, which you can do by clicking here. However, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your personal information, as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right at any time to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by clicking here.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you. However, we may charge a different price or provide a different level or quality of products and services only if the price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
Verifying Your Identity:
Depending on the nature of your request, we may have to verify your identity when you contact us. We do this by:
- Requiring you to provide sufficient information in your request that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or an authorized representative of that person.
- Sending an email to the primary email address you submit in your request and, if applicable, to any other email address we have on record for you requiring you to verify that you made the request.
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent, we require that your authorized agent provides written proof to us that he or she is authorized to act on your behalf, and we may also require your authorized agent to verify his or her own identity.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days) and give you the reason for the extension of time.
Date of last update: December 18, 2019