Deliver superior customer experiences with an AI-driven platform for creating and deploying cognitive chatbots
Deliver Awesome UI with the most complete toolboxes for .NET, Web and Mobile development
Automate UI, load and performance testing for web, desktop and mobile
A complete cloud platform for an app or your entire digital business
Detect and predict anomalies by automating machine learning to achieve higher asset uptime and maximized yield
Automate decision processes with a no-code business rules engine
Optimize data integration with high-performance connectivity
Connect to any cloud or on-premises data source using a standard interface
Build engaging multi-channel web and digital experiences with intuitive web content management
Personalize and optimize the customer experience across digital touchpoints
Build, protect and deploy apps across any platform and mobile device
Rapidly develop, manage and deploy business apps, delivered as SaaS in the cloud
The content you're reading is getting on in years
This post is on the older side and its content may be out of date.
Be sure to visit our blogs homepage for our latest news, updates and information.
1. I created a database table where I will persist the subscriber - threadID data. You can use the code below to create the same table at your end.
2. I created a simple LINQ-SQL class called ForumSubscriptionDataContext
3. I modified templates below.
~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Forums/SingleThread.ascx - this template list all post in a thread. Here I will add "subscribe" and unsubscribe links.
Now I have to create a code behind of this template and subscribe for Click event of each link, so that I can execute our logic.
- Page_Load - subscribe for click events of our buttons.
- OnPreRender - here I am getting the thread ID from the QueryString. ForumSubscriptionDataContext class is used to manage the data from my custom tablet. Here OnPreRender I check whethet the current user is subscribed to this thread or not and show/hide Sibscribe and Unsibscribe links.
- UnSubscribeBtn_Click - remove the user from the datasource
- subscribeBtn_Click - add new subscriber to the datasource
~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Forums/EditPost.ascx - I use this template to get the newly added content and all previous posts and send an emil to the subscribed user. Here I created a code behind of the template and on Page_Load I subscribed for save button click.
View all posts from The Progress Team on the Progress blog. Connect with us about all things application development and deployment, data integration and digital business.
Copyright © 2018 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.