Build, protect and deploy apps across any platform and mobile device
Leverage a complete UI toolbox for web, mobile and desktop development
Automate UI, load and performance testing for web, desktop and mobile
Rapidly develop, manage and deploy business apps, delivered as SaaS in the cloud
Automate decision processes with a no-code business rules engine
Build mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone
Deploy automated machine learning to accurately predict machine failures with technology optimized for Industrial IoT.
Optimize data integration with high-performance connectivity
Connect to any cloud or on-premise data source using a standard interface
Build engaging multi-channel web and digital experiences with intuitive web content management
Benefits of using Connect for ADO.NET Entity Framework providers with Microsoft Visual Studio Lightswitch:
Review the advantages of running DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET for your next project.
To pre-empt any Lightswitch-related issues, review the following knowledgebase articles regarding parallel transactions and SQL Server data types.
The preliminary steps are:
1. Download and install a free 15-day trial today of the Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Oracle provider.
2. Download and install GA version of LightSwitch. Note: There are known issues with pre-GA/Beta releases that have been addressed by Microsoft in hotfix KB2534087.
3. Launch Visual Studio LightSwitch
4. Attach to external Data Source
5. Choose 'Oracle Database' for DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Entity Framework provider (note: Sybase and DB2 are listed under 'Progress DataDirect')
6. Enter connection information to data source.
6. Click on Advanced Tab and disable distributed transactions to support non SQL Server connections.
7. Click OK to create new external data source.
8. Create a new screen, and specify the newly created data source.
Once you have the data connectivity established with Progress DataDirect, you can find additional tutorials on the web:
Sumit Sarkar is a Chief Data Evangelist at Progress, with over 10 years experience working in the data connectivity field. The world's leading consultant on open data standards connectivity with cloud data, Sumit's interests include performance tuning of the data access layer for which he has developed a patent pending technology for its analysis; business intelligence and data warehousing for SaaS platforms; and data connectivity for aPaaS environments, with a focus on standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and ODATA. He is an IBM Certified Consultant for IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and TDWI member. He has presented sessions on data connectivity at various conferences including Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop, MongoDB World and SAP Analytics and Business Objects Conference, among many others.
Copyright © 2017 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.