Benefits of using Connect for ADO.NET Entity Framework providers with Microsoft Visual Studio Lightswitch:
Review the advantages of running DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET for your next project.
To pre-empt any Lightswitch-related issues, review the following knowledgebase articles regarding parallel transactions and SQL Server data types.
The preliminary steps are:
1. Download and install a free 15-day trial today of the Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Oracle provider.
2. Download and install GA version of LightSwitch. Note: There are known issues with pre-GA/Beta releases that have been addressed by Microsoft in hotfix KB2534087.
3. Launch Visual Studio LightSwitch
4. Attach to external Data Source
5. Choose 'Oracle Database' for DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Entity Framework provider (note: Sybase and DB2 are listed under 'Progress DataDirect')
6. Enter connection information to data source.
6. Click on Advanced Tab and disable distributed transactions to support non SQL Server connections.
7. Click OK to create new external data source.
8. Create a new screen, and specify the newly created data source.
Once you have the data connectivity established with Progress DataDirect, you can find additional tutorials on the web:
Technology researcher, thought leader and speaker working to enable enterprises to rapidly adopt new technologies that are adaptive, connected and cognitive. Sumit has been working in the data access infrastructure field for over 10 years servicing web/mobile developers, data engineers and data scientists. His primary areas of focus include cross platform app development, serverless architectures, and hybrid enterprise data management that supports open standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, GraphQL, OData/REST. He has presented dozens of technology sessions at conferences such as Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop World, API World, Microstrategy World, MongoDB World, etc.
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
Copyright © 2019 Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, Ipswitch, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks for appropriate markings.