1. Download the Progress DataDirect Snowflake ODBC driver.
2. Install the Snowflake driver by running Setup.exe. This is a simple installation if you go through with default installation settings.
3. After the DataDirect Snowflake ODBC driver has been installed, open ODBC Administrator to configure the connection and click on Add.
4. Choose the “DataDirect X.X Snowflake” and click on “Finish.”
5. The ODBC Snowflake Driver Setup window will pop up.
Enter your credentials, click on “Apply” and then click on “Test Connect.”
6. The Snowflake Logon screen will pop up. Provide logon credentials and click on “OK.”
7. A dialog box will confirm that the connection is established.
1. In Power BI, click on Get Data -> More -> All and search for ODBC. Choose it and click “Connect”.
2. A popup menu will appear. From the following dropdown menu select the DSN name. Make sure you select the same driver that you installed. In this case it is Snowflake. Click “Ok”.
Note: To make it easy remember the Data Source name given during driver setup.
3. Authenticate using your credentials and click on Connect.
4. A navigator will open displaying the data in the data source. Choose your database, select table, and click on Load to continue.
5. You should now see the data as shown below: