Progress DataDirect Hybrid Data Pipeline is an innovative data access service for enterprises and cloud ISVs that is designed to simplify and streamline data integration between cloud, mobile, and on-premises sources through a secure, firewall-friendly integration. One of the main features that we talk about and many of our customers appreciate is how we can connect your on-premise data sources even though they are behind a firewall.
In order to do that you will have to install an On-Premises connector behind your firewall that allows secure and real-time access to in-network data sources from anywhere. To learn more about the On-Premises connector, you can watch this video.
- Double click the installer to start the installation. Click next on the Introduction window.
Fig: Hybrid Data Pipeline – On Premises Connector Introduction
- On the next screen you would be asked to choose installation directory. You can either keep it as a default or choose your own location.
Fig: Hybrid Data Pipeline – On Premises Connector Install Location
- On the next screen, choose standard installation if you don’t need any customization. If you need to enable support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM or you would need a proxy to access public internet, choose advanced installation and click Next.
Fig: Hybrid Data Pipeline – On Premises Connector Installation Type
- On the next screen, you would have to provide the credentials that you use to authenticate with Hybrid Data Pipeline and a unique connector label and click on Next.
Fig: Hybrid Data Pipeline – On Premises Connector Services Information
- Your credentials will be verified at this point and if it’s success authenticated, you will be shown pre-installation summary. Click on Install to start the installation.
Fig: Hybrid Data Pipeline – On Premise Connector Pre-Install Summary
Click on Done, after the installation is complete to close the installer.
Now that you have configured the On-Premises connector to work properly with your Hybrid Data Pipeline installation on DigitalOcean, feel free to connect your On-Premises data sources to access them in a faster, more secure and easier way than ever before. If you have any questions or have any trouble with the configuration, feel free to leave comments below or contact support.