Progress DataDirect’s ODBC Driver for Pivotal Greenplum offers a high-performing, secure and reliable connectivity solution for ODBC applications to access Pivotal Greenplum data. Our ODBC driver can be easily used with all versions of SQL and across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows and HP-UX. Enjoy real-time analytics, reporting and business intelligence (BI) capabilities with your favorite tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Excel, Cognos, Informatica, SAS, Board, MicroStrategy, SSIS, Oracle OBIEE and more.
- Better throughput while using less CPU and memory
- Standards-based data integration prevents version lock-in with vendor clients
- A single driver for all versions
SQL Up Leveling/ Full ANSI SQL Support
SQL up-leveling provides the capability to write a SQL statement that can be executed across multiple databases, regardless of the databases’ SQL implementation. For example, a SQL statement written against Oracle will also be interoperable with DB2.
Encryption SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 Compliant
We keep our SSL version up to date. Upon identification of any security vulnerability, Progress will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to address the vulnerability in accordance with the following policy.
Progress DataDirect management of packet-based network communication provides unsurpassed packet transport, network round trips and data buffering optimization. (socket management). Includes performance methodology for throughput and resource utillization (CPU/memory)
TSANet Multi-Vendor Support Channel
We live for your next big customer. Make sure your customers are successful with 24/7 partner support and access to expertise from our engineering teams, partnerships and leading technology companies such as Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM through our TSANet multi vendor support channel.
Day 1 Support for any new versions
Day One Support for disruptive technologies with frequent release cycles. With this strategy - the first of its kind for any data connectivity provider - Progress DataDirect on-premises ODBC and JDBC drivers will support any new versions of supported data sources.
Use one ODBC driver for all versions of SQL that works across all platforms - Unix / Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows and HP-UX .
Progress DataDirect Connect XE and Connect64 XE for ODBC Greenplum Wire Protocol Driver
(32- and 64-bit drivers are available for all supported databases and platforms unless otherwise noted.)
ODBC Version Support
- Compatible with ODBC 3.8 applications
- Greenplum 6.0 and higher
- Greenplum 5.0 and higher
- Greenplum 4.0 and higher
- Greenplum 3.3 and higher
Operating System Support
AIX (32- and 64-bit)
- AIX, version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1 and higher
- HP-UX IPF, 11i version 2.0 (B.11.23) and higher
- HP-UX PA-RISC (32-bit only), version 11 and higher
Linux x86 (32- and 64-bit for AMD and Intel processors. 64-bit for Itanium II.)
- CentOS Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Debian Linux x86, version 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Oracle Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux x86, version 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and higher
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Linux x86, version 10, 11, 12, 15 and higher
- Ubuntu Linux x86, version 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 and higher
Solaris (32- and 64-bit)
- Solaris x86 version 10 (Solaris 5.10),11 and higher
- Solaris on SPARC, version 8 (Solaris 5.8), 9, 10, 11 and higher
Windows (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows (x86), version 7, 8.1, 10 and higher
- Windows Server (x86), version 2008, 2012, 2016 and higher
Driver/Client Software Requirements
Progress DataDirect Connect XE and Connect64 XE for ODBC for Greenplum Wire Protocol Driver