Progress DataDirect Connect Sybase .NET data providers are thoroughly proven in data transaction intensive environments in which high performance, stability and security are mission-critical requirements.
- Fully supports Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5 and 11.9, and Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.0, 12.5, 12.5.1, 12.5.2, and 12.5.3 systems from a single provider assembly that is 100% pure managed .NET code.
- Eliminates the requirement for any Sybase client software (Open Client)
- Supports provider interoperability features such as escape syntax for stored procedure executions, scalar functions, and literal values. Additionally, the DataDirect ADO.NET data provider supports provider-neutral error objects, standardized error code mappings and common ways to specify arrays of parameters for use.
- Supports the ability to execute a single SQL statement using multiple rows of values through the use of parameter arrays.
- Highly optimized for queries that return multiple results. For applications that return more than 2 or 3 rows from a single query, the DataDirect ADO.NET data provider has performance advantages of up to 50-150% over all competitive data providers in benchmarks run inside the DataDirect labs.
To learn more about DataDirect Connect for .NET for Sybase databases, visit this page.