Progress DataDirect Connect DB2 .NET data providers are thoroughly proven in data transaction intensive environments in which high performance, stability, and security are mission-critical requirements.
- Supports interoperability features such as escape syntax for stored procedure executions, scalar functions, and outer joins. Additionally, supports provider-neutral error objects, standardized error code mappings and common methods to specify arrays of parameters for use.
- Fully supports all DB2 systems including DB2 UDB V7.x and v8.x on Linux, UNIX, and Windows, DB2 v7.x, 8.1 for z/OS via DRDA and DB2 UDB V5R1, V5R2, and V5R3 for iSeries from a single data provider assembly that is 100% pure managed .NET code.
- Eliminates the requirement for the DB2 client software (DB2 CAE)
- Supports the ability to execute a single SQL statement using multiple rows of values.
- Highly optimized for queries that return multiple results. For applications that return 10 rows from a single query, the DataDirect DB2 data provider has performance advantages of up to 30-40% over IBM's data providers in benchmarks run inside the DataDirect labs. This performance advantage increases to upwards of over 100% when the number of results exceeds 50 result rows.
To learn more about DataDirect Connect for .NET for DB2 databases, visit this page.