So far we have been delighted with the reaction we have seen with our beta Oracle support for the ADO.NET Entity Framework. We are diligently working on addressing the excellent feedback, so keep the questions and comments coming! Send all comments & questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, we have received a few questions on our current support and possible restrictions of our current beta many of which we are already working on to resolve.
• Stored Procedures and Functions in packages are currently not visible to the ADO.NET Entity Data Model. If you attempt to run ‘edmgen /mode:FullGeneration’ you’ll likely run into some issues.
• The OracleEntity provider currently plans to implicitly deal with RefCursor data types (i.e. we set operate under the assumption that Ref Cursor Mode=Implicit) and some aspects of this implicit handling are not currently available.
• No current support for the APPLY clause
• No current support for certain statements with LEFT OUT JOIN clauses
• No current support UNIONing columns with different character sets.
Look for details, including possible updates to the above list and other changes which I’ll write up in a future blog posting. Otherwise, keep excellent comments, questions and encouragement headed our way.
View all posts from Jonathan Bruce on the Progress blog. Connect with us about all things application development and deployment, data integration and digital business.
Let our experts teach you how to use Sitefinity's best-in-class features to deliver compelling digital experiences.Learn More
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
You can also ask us not to share your Personal Information to third parties here: Do Not Sell or Share My Info
We see that you have already chosen to receive marketing materials from us. If you wish to change this at any time you may do so by clicking here.
Thank you for your continued interest in Progress. Based on either your previous activity on our websites or our ongoing relationship, we will keep you updated on our products, solutions, services, company news and events. If you decide that you want to be removed from our mailing lists at any time, you can change your contact preferences by clicking here.