The content you're reading is getting on in years
This post is on the older side and its content may be out of date.
Be sure to visit our blogs homepage for our latest news, updates and information.
In this article is shown the way how to extend the Archive widget in order to show the Dynamic Items. The currently supported Items and setting up of the Build-in widget is described in that documentation article.
In order to set-up the widget to show the Dynamic items you need to:
1. Create a Class file and Paste the code above
(In the example: CustomArchiveWidget.cs file under “Controls” folder)
2. Build the solution
(Manual registration in toolboxes is described here)
4. Get the ContentType of your dynamic Item. To do so
5. Create e new Page or Edit an existing one
6. Drag the Archive widget on that page
7. Add the widget for your content type on the page (In our case ContentTwo)
8. Click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the Custom Archive widget.
9. In ContentType input field enter the content type get in step 1
(In our case “Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TestModule1.Contenttwo”)
10. Set-up the other fields as per your need (documentation article)
11. Click Save
12. Publish the Page
I hope the above article was halpful.
Svetoslav Manchev is a Technical Support Officer at Telerik since 2013.
Subscribe to get all the news, info and tutorials you need to build better business apps and sites
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information at any time.
You can also ask us not to pass your Personal Information to third parties here: Do Not Sell My Info
We see that you have already chosen to receive marketing materials from us. If you wish to change this at any time you may do so by clicking here.
Thank you for your continued interest in Progress. Based on either your previous activity on our websites or our ongoing relationship, we will keep you updated on our products, solutions, services, company news and events. If you decide that you want to be removed from our mailing lists at any time, you can change your contact preferences by clicking here.
Let our experts teach you how to use Sitefinity's best-in-class features to deliver compelling digital experiences.Learn More