Connect to HubSpot
You connect your Sitefinity CMS instance with a specific HubSpot Hub ID and API key. When you integrate HubSpot with Sitefinity CMS, once a visitor lands on the page, HubSpot loads its script on your Sitefinity CMS landing page.
- If the visitor is a known visitor, the
pageview data is associated with the relevant contact in HubSpot.
- If the visitor is not known, a new cookie is issued, which automatically creates a new customer GUID in HubSpot, so the
pageview data is stored in HubSpot as an unknown visitor.
In both cases, if the same visitor logs from a different computer with their credentials, by logging in, for example, data is mapped and merged to their contact profile and you can access this data for analysis and reporting in HubSpot.
To connect, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS, navigate to Administration » Connector for HubSpot.
- In the Hub ID field, paste the Hub ID from your HubSpot account.
You can find the Hub ID in your HubSpot account.
- Enter your API key.
You can find the API key in your HubSpot account.
- Click Connect.
RESULT: Once you connect with HubSpot and map your forms, your landing page visits, completed forms, and contacts are tracked, and data is sent to HubSpot.
In case you want to change any of your connection setting, click the Change connection link.
Configure HubSpot scripts and domains
If you have enabled the Sitefinity CMS Web security module, you must configure it to allow HubSpot sources for scripts and content, such as images. For more information, see Web security module.
To allow HubSpot related sources, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Settings » Web security.
- Click the Edit link of Trusted sources.
- In the Scripts text box, enter the following sources one per line:
Expand Fonts, images, video and audio.
In the Images text box, enter the following sources one per line:
NOTE: HubSpot uses various domains for images. If an image does not load, you must add its domain to the trusted sources.
Expand Forms, frames, child sources, connect sources, plugins.
For more information, see HubSpot’s documentation » Manage the URL of files uploaded to the files tool.
In the Frames text box, enter the following sources one per line:
In the Connect sources, enter https://forms.hubspot.com
Integrate HubSpot popup form in Sitefinity CMS pages
To use HubSpot’s popup forms in Sitefinity CMS, perform the following:
- Connect to HubSpot.
For more information, see Connect to HubSpot.
- In the Web security module, configure HubSpot sources.
For more information, see Configure HubSpot scripts and domains.
- Create a popup form in HubSpot.
For more information, see HubSpot’s documentation » Create pop-up forms.