To install the NuGet package, containing the add-on, you use the Package Management Console of Visual Studio in the following way:
- Open the project where you want to install the add-on in Visual Studio.
- Navigate to TOOLS » Library Package Manager » Package Manager Settings » Package Sources.
- Add as Source the folder or the server where your add-on’s
.nupkg file is located.
The add-on NuGet package can be located on your machine or on any server, for example, you can upload the package to nugget.org server.
- Navigate to TOOLS » Library Package Manager » Package Manager Console.
- In Package source, choose the source that you have added.
- In the command line, enter Install-Package <your add-on name>
For example, enter Install-Package abc
- Build your solution.
- Run the project.
For more information, see NuGets documentation » Installing a Package.
RESULT: On project startup only the structure is imported. Structure includes Custom fields, Dynamic modules, Widget templates, Page templates, View definitions, oDATA Web Services, Taxonomy types, Forms. Some of this structure will not be available in the site until you activate the add-on. For example, the Dynamic modules, Page templates, Widget templates, and Forms. In order to link them to a particular site, you must activate the add-on on the site where you want to use it.