In this course, you will learn how to perform basic Progress® OpenEdge® database administration tasks.
First, you will understand relational database concepts such as tables, indexes, triggers, primary keys, foreign keys and entity-relationship diagrams.
Then you will get an overview of key OpenEdge RDBMS architecture components and OpenEdge database administration tools.
Finally, you will learn how to:
- Understand the OpenEdge database architecture
- Familiarize yourself with OpenEdge data administration tools
- Create databases from existing using different methods
- Create new database structures and manage database extents
- Start up and shut down a database using command-line utility, OpenEdge Explorer and OpenEdge Management web-based tools
- Create a backup plan and back up your database, verify backups and restore your database
- Leverage different methods for implementing database disaster recovery
- Implement roll-forward recovery using after-imaging and AI file management
- Dump and load a database using different methods
- Perform basic troubleshooting on the Progress OpenEdge database
- Understand the basic of database performance tuning (time permitting)
- Capitalize on OpenEdge database 12.X performance and scale improvements
- The materials that you receive with this course include a course guide (with hands-on lab exercises and step-by-step solutions) and a .ZIP file with example code and exercise files with solutions.
The objectives of this training are:
- Describe key Progress OpenEdge RDBMS architecture components
- Describe OpenEdge database administration tools
- Create a database
- Start up and shut down a database
- Manage extents of a database
- Back up and restore a database
- Implement roll-forward recovery using after-imaging
- Dump and load a database
- Understand the new features and capabilities in OpenEdge 12.X